Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, conspicuously Green Bay apparently fixed their CB issue by spending high picks on CBs this year, which is not a luxury that Chicago will have going forward.  Sure, they can sign a FA CB but after paying Mack it might be tough to land someone really good.

GB has been throwing high draft picks at CB for more than one year, and the jury is still very much out on whether the position has actually been fixed.

This compensation suspense is killing me.  To have so many teams trying to trade for Mack, and to think the Packers would probably relent and give up two first round picks THIS COMING DRAFT, I have to believe that the Bears gave up two first round picks plus a player, and I have to believe that the player has to be enough to eliminate the benefit of two immediate first round picks over one first this year and one the next year. 

Davante's tweet seems to me that he thought Mack was indeed headed to GB or at least he figured it was close. Would not at all be surprised if GB was winning the arms race for him and Oakland just kept going back and forth trying to create a bidding war between division rivals. In the end, Bears decided to blink and pony up

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

As they should. Mack would have been a game changer but it's not like GB's hurting at EDGE.....when it comes to their starters. Their depth is the biggest issue and I hope Gute adds something to that group after these cuts

Aren't the Broncos shopping Shane Ray too? Shouldn't be hard to find a better option than Biegel, at least

Just now, deltarich87 said:

Davante's tweet seems to me that he thought Mack was indeed headed to GB or at least he figured it was close. Would not at all be surprised if GB was winning the arms race for him and Oakland just kept going back and forth trying to create a bidding war between division rivals. In the end, Bears decided to blink and pony up

That's why I'm a little excited about this.  It's only a good thing for the Packers in week one.  If they traded a player who has been playing and practicing all offseason for a player who can't possibly be ready by week one, it makes our game against them on the 9th that much easier.

Same exact thing happened to the Seahawks in week one last year.  They traded for Sheldon Richardson on September 1st and everybody thought he'd have a big impact on the game.  That was when he played the whole preseason and practiced for the Jets all year and was NFL fit.  He had 4 tackles, but he didn't have some huge impact.  I don't expect Mack to, either. 

24 minutes ago, TheGreatZepp said:

Rodgers has for the bulk of his career played behind some very good offensive lines, add in that McCarthy will not play a back that is assignment sound and they negate much from a top level opposing front seven. 

When Rodgers line has been out matched, say against the Giants years ago, Rodgers was constantly on the run and in trouble.

Let’s also not forget Rodgers was paid the most any player has been... period. He needs to figure it out. 

A lot of his issues are also self inflicted. As he gets older a Brees/Brady approach needs to be adopted. Using his backs. Quick reads, quicker throws.

All of this will keep even the best of pass rush off him. It’s why I say it doesn’t move the needle for Chicago.

I don’t think their secondary is good enough top to bottom to win even early to allow Mack and his crew to wreck the packers offense.... unless Rodgers is going to wait for Adams and Cobb to get open, while Williams or jones are open underneath 

15 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Remember too... Reggie McKenize was likely in charge of dealing Mack. Maybe it wasn’t his choice to do it... but it was likely his job to get the best value.

im sure he allowed his buddies Dorsey and Gute have first shots at him.

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Let's just trade for Dante Fowler now.  Three years younger than Mack, insanely cheaper against the cap, insanely cheaper against our draft picks. 

He had 8 sacks in 2017 - but he didnt rack up many tackles.

Whats he worth?

Just now, Leader said:

He had 8 sacks in 2017 - but he didnt rack up many tackles.

Whats he worth?

He was a situational pass rusher for the Jaguars last year.  To us, he's worth a lot.  He'd be an instant upgrade over Fackrel, Gilbert and Biegel if you put Fackrell, Gilbert and Biegel into a blender and created something with all their strengths and weaknesses combined. 

We could probably get him for less than a 4th round pick. 

Archived