Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

He was a situational pass rusher for the Jaguars last year.  To us, he's worth a lot.  He'd be an instant upgrade over Fackrel, Gilbert and Biegel if you put Fackrell, Gilbert and Biegel into a blender and created something with all their strengths and weaknesses combined. 

We could probably get him for less than a 4th round pick. 

Is there any actual news that JAX is looking to move him?

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

On the other hand if, to borrow a phrase, Mitchell is who we thought he was, then this has the chance to go catastrophically for Chicago.

I mean, I had him behind Watson, Kizer, and Mahomes last year.  It's not like he's a Rodgers or even a Carr yet.

Very true. I wasn’t too impressed with him but, he could turnout to be good.

Im not mad at Gute, but this changed a lot of things.

18 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

He was a situational pass rusher for the Jaguars last year.  To us, he's worth a lot.  He'd be an instant upgrade over Fackrel, Gilbert and Biegel if you put Fackrell, Gilbert and Biegel into a blender and created something with all their strengths and weaknesses combined. 

We could probably get him for less than a 4th round pick. 

I'm not sure I give up a guy who had 8 sacks as a situational player. He's still on his rookie contract and only 24 years old. No way I'd give up on this kid for a 4th round pick. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  I'm seeing the Bears have sent two first round picks, a second round pick and a player for Mack. 

Essentially 4 starters for one. 

So they don't draft before the 3rd round until 2021. I wanted Mack as bad as anyone, but that price is too steep. Can't wait to find out who the player is they threw in.

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  I'm seeing the Bears have sent two first round picks, a second round pick and a player for Mack. 

Essentially 4 starters for one. 

I wonder which starter. Maybe Floyd? Could be chase Daniels ( he is their backup QB right?)

18 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Very true. I wasn’t too impressed with him but, he could turnout to be good.

I feel like a lot of why the Bears took the QB they did in 2017 was because he had the "easy projection/ he looks like a QB" thing going on.  Like I would be much more worried at this point if the Bears had Watson or Mahomes.

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

I wonder which starter. Maybe Floyd? Could be chase Daniels ( he is there backup QB right?)

It would be funny if it were either of those two. Daniels is there best QB on the roster right now. He'll be playing by week 8 after Trubisky ****s himself for 8 straight weeks. 

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

I feel like a lot of why the Bears took the QB they did in 2017 was because he had the "easy projection/ he looks like a QB" thing going on.  Like I would be much more worried at this point if the Bears had Watson or Mahomes.

They probably looked up pictures of his girlfriend and factored that into their decision. 

Also at some point I agree with the Raiders... defense is more about the collection of players, not the greatness of one. On offense you can be just one great player. Defense you can’t.

Thats a lot to give up for one defensive player. Like if the bears aren’t great these next 2 years they are giving up 2 top 15ish picks. And next year is a huge year for pass rushers anyways. Like you could give up less to get Bosa and have him longer.

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Also at some point I agree with the Raiders... defense is more about the collection of players, not the greatness of one. On offense you can be just one great player. Defense you can’t.

Thats a lot to give up for one defensive player. Like if the bears aren’t great these next 2 years they are giving up 2 top 15ish picks. And next year is a huge year for pass rushers anyways. Like you could give up less to get Bosa and have him longer.

I have to disagree with this assessment. Guys like Reggie White, Lawrence Taylor and Bruce Smith so tilted the field to one side, other guys became pro-bowl players because they were on the field with those great players. Mack is that dude. He potentially turns a good Bears defense into a force. Fortunately, Trubisky sucks. 

Archived