Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

Everything on the radio or TV: they want him back, it's just finding a number that both sides can accept

Everything online: he's really mad!!!  Oakland won't cave! He's definitely getting traded!! It could be your team!! (Show this link to all your friends!!)

I had an actual pretty serious comment but my phone rang.. Oh yeah. I wonder if it's all about the money or if he doesn't want to go to an *** team? Like buffalo plus the weather. Beggars can't be choosers but not every possible option might not be one he'd take?

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

My only idea is that Gruden is taking the holdout personally and with a 10 year deal is OK with making a point at Mack's expense to lay down the law and make a point.

During the Raiders negotiations to sign Gruden, final say was most certainly a part of the conversations. This is the first test of that power structure - and as PR noted, Gruden has a 10 year contract that gives him the upper hand with Mark Davis. Mark's famous Dad, Al , had issues with Marcus Allen "getting bigger than the Raiders" per Ron Wolf and that led to the Raiders sabotaging Marcus Allen's career. Mark Davis saw all of that go down, and its likely he came down on his father's side of that duel since that's the side of the story he heard.

Clearly there's a precedence in the Silver & Black for loyalty to the team and fealty to The Boss.
The Raiders are bigger than any one player - no matter how good he is.

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

Oh I did brother - just a little Tuesday morning brevity to go with your bloody mary.

That sounds amazing right now actually.

But seriously. I could see like the bills or whoever backing up the brinks truck. And yeah maybe he'd take that. Who knows. But he still has to agree to want that too. I don't know what's in his mind as far as the level of the team he wants to be on obviously though. 

1 minute ago, Norm said:

I don't know what's in his mind as far as the level of the team he wants to be on obviously though. 

I've always thought that once you reach a threshold of X millions, then you choose your future team based on winning.
And I've been proven uniformly incorrect in that assumption -  with the Top Pay ruling the way.

10 minutes ago, Norm said:

That sounds amazing right now actually.

But seriously. I could see like the bills or whoever backing up the brinks truck. And yeah maybe he'd take that. Who knows. But he still has to agree to want that too. I don't know what's in his mind as far as the level of the team he wants to be on obviously though. 

Yep, it's gonna take a couple of things to line up for a trade to happen.  As you said, Mack will have a voice, and presumably a choice in the matter.  Then there's the requirement from the Oakland side - what do they want in return?  We were asking that guy from Oakland last night in this forum - Gannon I think his name was - what positions are most thin with the Raiders right now, and which teams in the NFL are best suited for the following:

1. Have what Oakland wants - enticing draft picks, quality linebackers (their greatest need), or a combo of both

2. Have what Mack wants - who the hell really knows

3. Really want Mack badly - nearly every team in the league I suppose

The other part of this in terms of Mack doing a deal with the Raiders is the concept of saving face. And that makes it a wee bit harder to pull off. At the end of the standoff, both parties need to be seen as "the winner" and that's no easy task

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

I've always thought that once you reach a threshold of X millions, then you choose your future team based on winning.
And I've been proven uniformly incorrect in that assumption -  with the Top Pay ruling the way.

Same here. Every time I think they'll go to the better team, they take the cash.. Especially with monster deals. When the deals start to get smaller again they seem more likely. That's my feel anyways

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

My only idea is that Gruden is taking the holdout personally and with a 10 year deal is OK with making a point at Mack's expense to lay down the law and make a point.

My guess is something along the lines of "the Raiders plan all along was to string Mack along with 5th year options and franchise tags, then let him walk once he's 30" and Mack absolutely does not want this.

Archived