Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

21 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

From PackersNews

Das Gute Q&A

...when asked if the Packers can afford to have the highest-paid quarterback in the league as well as one of if not the highest-paid defensive player in the league, Gutekunst suggested they could.

“When you’re talking about unique players, there’s only so many of them out there,” he said. “At the same time, the financial challenges may be difficult, but without players you can’t win. It’s like any significant player, they’re not inexpensive, but you have to have them to win.”

You should also have added this Q/A from the same interview - gives some perspective around Gute’s ability to negotiate and bring on talent, regardless of the triad management model:

Q: What happens if you want to sign a player and Russ Ball, the executive vice president/director of football operations, says it’s a bad idea financially. Does the player get signed or not? When Wolf, Sherman and Thompson were GM, they could say “do it,” because the salary-cap analyst worked for them. But you, Ball and coach Mike McCarthy all are on the same level and report to team CEO Mark Murphy. Any regrets you took the GM job without having the same authority as Wolf and Thompson?

A: I have no regrets about taking the job at all. It was clearly spelled out to me from the beginning by Mark. Again, it wasn’t something I’d worked under before. But to answer your question, Mark has been very up front, if there’s any player I want to sign, I have all roster decisions that way. That’s never come up. I’ve never been prevented from signing a player if that’s what I wanted to do.

2 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

1. We will owe you a debt of gratitude.

2. You will be looking for a good tattoo artist.

Not to mention it would freak me out a little.

Gute face tat is gonna make me a legend. Can't wait. 

Archived