Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

Let's talk compensation (probably for the 5th time but I'm not reading these pages I missed)

If you have to give up  HHCD or Matthews, who do you deal?  Reading it, I think Perry comes with a 9M hit so he's not an option, so that's why I went with HHCD.  Matthews saves you 10M, and HHCD 6.

if it's purely draft picks, do you go 1st plus more, or just a 1st? Less?

I'm probably in for Matthews and a 2nd or a 1st.

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

Let's talk compensation (probably for the 5th time but I'm not reading these pages I missed)

If you have to give up  HHCD or Matthews, who do you deal?  Reading it, I think Perry comes with a 9M hit so he's not an option, so that's why I went with HHCD.  Matthews saves you 10M, and HHCD 6.

if it's purely draft picks, do you go 1st plus more, or just a 1st? Less?

I'm probably in for Matthews and a 2nd or a 1st.

I'd give up HHCD, if we re-signed him I bet we end up overpaying, so get rid now. Matthews, you can't replace that hair. Or give them HHCD and Cobb, free up some more cap.

2 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

I'd give up HHCD, if we re-signed him I bet we end up overpaying, so get rid now. Matthews, you can't replace that hair. Or give them HHCD and Cobb, free up some more cap.

Why does everyone keep including Cobb?  The Raiders don't need him, they're loaded at WR.

From all the rumblings I've been hearing in the media I'm now starting to believe this might happen now Rodgers got his new deal. Gute has ties with every trading partner this offseason. This forum will explode if the Mack trade happens.

11 minutes ago, St Vince said:

From all the rumblings I've been hearing in the media I'm now starting to believe this might happen now Rodgers got his new deal. Gute has ties with every trading partner this offseason. This forum will explode if the Mack trade happens.

What's Gute's ties with the Colts? For the ILB they traded for.

The media rumblings have him going to any and every team (at least outside the AFC West) including staying with the Raiders.

12 minutes ago, St Vince said:

I'm almost expecting it to happen as well.  Gute hasn't been shying away from hypothetical questions on the subject.  I think that relationship between Reggie McKenzie and Gute will come in very handy when a deal goes down.  It's not going to be cheap though .. probably will cost us both #1's next year and a rich contract extension for Mack.  No problem.

6 minutes ago, Beast said:

What's Gute's ties with the Colts? For the ILB they traded for.

The media rumblings have him going to any and every team (at least outside the AFC West) including staying with the Raiders.

Ballard used to work under John Dorsey in KC.  I think Gute said he knows Ballard a bit ... don't they think are close friends though.

Archived