Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So the second throw was clearly Cutler'd but I've got to give the man credit for ducking that first throw.

I also love that he comes up smiling after dodging it like he's proud of himself. 

I can just hear that little bush snicker after

Hate to break up this flaming garbage dump of a posting trend we have going on with actual football talk, but I'm going to. You guys made me feel like Mac watching his guys use poor pad level reading through this thread.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/heres-raiders-khalil-mack-contract-stalemate-no-end-sight-053506892.html

Enjoy actual content. 

In case football doesn't interest some of you anymore, which reading this thread wouldn't come as a surprise. Here's a photo of an owl wearing a sombrero for you to enjoy with your Fruity Pebbles this morning.

42760917-256-k806446.jpg

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Hate to break up this flaming garbage dump of a posting trend we have going on with actual football talk, but I'm going to. You guys made me feel like Mac watching his guys use poor pad level reading through this thread.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/heres-raiders-khalil-mack-contract-stalemate-no-end-sight-053506892.html

Enjoy actual content. 

In case football doesn't interest some of you anymore, which reading this thread wouldn't come as a surprise. Here's a photo of an owl wearing a sombrero for you to enjoy with your Fruity Pebbles this morning.

42760917-256-k806446.jpg

This makes it sound like a trade is a real possibility. However, I find myself wondering, if Oakland feels like he's an elite talent and their best defensive player ( he is)... why don't they just pay him? Perhaps I missed that part?

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

This makes it sound like a trade is a real possibility. However, I find myself wondering, if Oakland feels like he's an elite talent and their best defensive player ( he is)... why don't they just pay him? Perhaps I missed that part?

My only idea is that Gruden is taking the holdout personally and with a 10 year deal is OK with making a point at Mack's expense to lay down the law and make a point.

I'll boldly predict that a trade not only "could happen" but will happen at this point. The needle has moved that direction. I don't think Mack is going to buckle nor do I see the Raiders paying him. He is going to get traded. The question is...to who? The Jets being involved scares me because (a) they are probably picking in the top 5 next year, and (b) they have no problem paying players (see the Trumaine Johnson deal). I could see the Jets offering Mack a new deal that even those on here (like me) who desperately want him would say "holy **** that's too much money." Moreover, the Jets could give up draft capital more appealing to the Raiders including what will probably be a top 5 pick next year. 

The Bills scare me as well largely because they too are probably drafting in the top 5 or close to it with their QB situation. 

39 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'll boldly predict that a trade not only "could happen" but will happen at this point. The needle has moved that direction. I don't think Mack is going to buckle nor do I see the Raiders paying him. He is going to get traded. The question is...to who? The Jets being involved scares me because (a) they are probably picking in the top 5 next year, and (b) they have no problem paying players (see the Trumaine Johnson deal). I could see the Jets offering Mack a new deal that even those on here (like me) who desperately want him would say "holy **** that's too much money." Moreover, the Jets could give up draft capital more appealing to the Raiders including what will probably be a top 5 pick next year. 

The Bills scare me as well largely because they too are probably drafting in the top 5 or close to it with their QB situation. 

I think giving up a potential top 5 pick, or even top 10, for Mack at age 27 and a contract is risky for teams that aren't close to championship caliber; so I'd have a hard time doing it for that for Mack straight up. Then again, it is the Jets and Bills.

The Patriots will probably find a way to get Mack him somehow.

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

I think giving up a potential top 5 pick, or even top 10, for Mack at age 27 and a contract is risky for teams that aren't close to championship caliber; so I'd have a hard time doing it for that for Mack straight up. Then again, it is the Jets and Bills.

That's the problem....especially when talking about the Jets. 

Archived