What team do you think would trade for Teddy Bridgewater?

DoleINGout

9 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I can’t see a team parting with anything more than a conditional 6th rounder let alone Greg Olsen.

Right now, No.  If he continues to progress and shows he is back to form there will be several teams interested in him.  I could see the Chargers, Saints, Steelers, Bengals etc all having interest.  Plenty of teams with their starter getting close to retirement or needing to replace an ineffective starter.  

Didn't we all say Bradford was worth a fifth or so AT BEST before Minnesota gave up a first for him? We don't value QBs nearly as much as NFL teams do. I'd guess he fetches a first or second. 

My biggest question would be which team would pull the trigger? We might be at a time where all 32 teams believe they have a QB.

1 minute ago, daineraider said:

Right now, No.  If he continues to progress and shows he is back to form there will be several teams interested in him.  I could see the Chargers, Saints, Steelers, Bengals etc all having interest.  Plenty of teams with their starter getting close to retirement or needing to replace an ineffective starter.  

Bridgewater, even when healthy, was never much more than an average QB.      Looking good in the preseason against largely backups and vanilla defenses isnt going to raise his stock much.   No one is going to trade much for him, especially on a one year deal when they could just try to sign him in the offseason.     

Ben said he wants to play 3-4 more years and we just drafted Mason Rudolph.    Not saying Rudolph will amount to anything, but the Steelers arent going to have any interest in Teddy anytime soon.        Only way I see a team trading for Teddy is if some teams starting QB goes down, and even then, I doubt any team gives up more than a 4th,

My guess is Teddy stays on with the Jets this year and then draws interest from teams like the Bengals, Pats and Jags next offseason,

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-sports-teddy-bridgewater-trade-20180808-story.html

Apparently Bridgewater could be traded by the Jets if Sam Darnold claims the starting spot. What teams would be interested in acquiring Teddy Bridgewater right now, and what would be enough compensation? For example, the Patriots may be interested in Bridgewater and trading versatile edge rusher/linebacker Dont'a Hightower, (or a player of similar caliber), may exactly what the Jets are looking for to make this deal.

Bridgewater has 1-2 decent drives in the preseason and all of a sudden he's worth trading away for Hightower?  Sure Hightower is coming off injury, but he's in his prime and there's no reason why he shouldn't get back to his Pro Bowl level.  Also signed for the next 3 years compared to Bridgewater's 1 year deal.

After Bridgewater's performance, his value went from zero to 6-7 pick.  If his next game sucks, he's back to zero.

41 minutes ago, daineraider said:

Teddy’s on a one year deal. He could obviously be re-signed by anyone that trades for him, but presumably he’d get little to no game action with those teams. It’d just be another prove it deal if those QBs retire. 

39 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Didn't we all say Bradford was worth a fifth or so AT BEST before Minnesota gave up a first for him? We don't value QBs nearly as much as NFL teams do. I'd guess he fetches a first or second. 

My biggest question would be which team would pull the trigger? We might be at a time where all 32 teams believe they have a QB.

Yeah, but that was mostly due to injury on a team looking to build off a playoff berth. And Bradford had a season of reasonable health (albeit, really so-so QB play) in between his last injury. Which Bridgewater hasn’t shown and in all likelihood, will not have the opportunity to show in 2018.

It was really a perfect storm type of deal for Philly. 

EDIT: Also, @DoleINGout, Bridgewater for Hightower is absolutely ludicrous.

3 minutes ago, tom cody said:

The Saints would be wise to look into acquiring him. Be a good QB of the future for them. 

Teddy is signed for just one season. He'd be free to choose his own team again next year. I only see Teddy being traded if a team loses a starter prior to the start of the year.

A backup qb drawing up games like Hightower, Olsen, D-Jax, etc?

He's never been any good... and not worth more than a mid round pick at best. 

I see the comparison to Bradford, but their 1 year deals signed a few months ago should tell you everything you need to know about how NFL franchises value them.

49 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

If there is an injury to a starting quarterback, particularly one with playoff aspirations, I agree that the cost to acquire him would be a pretty good chunk of change. But right now he'd be acquired as a backup quarterback, so I don't think the cost would be high. The Jets are probably better off keeping all three and holding out hope through the trade deadline for a starter injury

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Bradford also was locked up for multiple years.

Most likely won’t be a first I would not think. 3rd maybe?

17 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

If a serious playoff contender has a quarterback injury, I think it's a lock that he fetches a second along with maybe a conditional pick on the back end...provided he continues to look good, of course. 

55 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I'd imagine an extension or something would be agreed upon before the trade. Or at least talks for one. The Jets would give anyone access to talk to Teddy if they showed interest in trading for him.

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Bridgewater is on a one year deal. Panthers aren't giving up their best receiving weapon in Olsen for a back up QB. 

Any team that trades for Bridgewater will give up a late round pick that's it 

That’s an exceptional value for the team getting a franchise caliber QB.

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

EDIT: Also, @DoleINGout, Bridgewater for Hightower is absolutely ludicrous.

For the Jets to part ways with Bridgewater to the Pats in a trade, I think this is one of the costs. I don’t think it’s a net gain for the Pats until next season unless Brady is injured when Bridgewater is acquired.

Archived