What team do you think would trade for Teddy Bridgewater?

DoleINGout

Pats are not going to trade for Bridgewater, no one in the afc east will trade for him. Unless someone gets injured I do not see him being traded. 1 year deal with alot of incentives that were agreed on with the jets may hinder those chances if traded to play back up so he could easily hold out if he feels he doesnt have a chance to start. Also it is a qb and would have to learn a brand new playbook so when a qb does go down the back up on that team would be playing for a few weeks. I think this whole trade talk is just talk built up by Manish and the jets media. It has been discussed in the last 3 weeks that bridgewater looks impressive to start, then it was he is a potential trade piece, then McCown has had the best camp so far and is expected to start, now darnold is this week. Media is just spewing stuff to talk about during an empty time slot. If he does end up getting traded its going to be a day 3 pick likely a 6th or 7th round pick in 2019 or 2020. If i were the jets I would just keep him and give darnold the allotted time to sit and learn. Still dont get why they would push for him to start week 1 with the question marks that offense has. It may hinder his progression rather then building his confidence through out the year. Next offseason jets will have over 90 mil to build that offense up so darnold has the pieces to be competitive 

22 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Who's to say the fans were wrong in those cases? After all, neither of those players ended up being worth with what the teams gave up for them.

You guys are really over rating Bridgewater right now. I'm not saying he can't develop into a franchise QB eventually, but a few of you are acting like it's only a matter of "when" and not "if". In reality, he still has a lot to prove in regards to being even a decent starter in this league, much less a franchise QB.

Fair enough @FourThreeMafia. I am jumping the gun on Bridgewater because of his potential and skillset. Bradford I felt meh about. Bridgewater is a different player in a unique situation and I project him being worth more to the Jets depending on the teams interested in trading for him.

6 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I think Greg Olsen has talked about retiring after this season so the value wouldn’t be so high but if he likes the Jets and Sam Darnold he could end up changing his mind and stick around another year or two. Jets get a good veteran tight end though a GM that has gone after veterans before and the Panthers get a QB in Bridgewater I guess if their season sucks and Newton doesn’t elevate anymore or gets injured again.

Carolina wants to win now. Having Greg Olsen around gives them that chance. And I have a hard time believing they've written off Newton. And if they have at the end of this season, they can go the draft route.

3 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Carolina wants to win now. Having Greg Olsen around gives them that chance. And I have a hard time believing they've written off Newton. And if they have at the end of this season, they can go the draft route.

To be honest I was originally trying to know what the Panthers would trade because they don't seem to have a lot of chips. Why they would want Bridgewater is a differenr story. I think the person commenting was just saying a draft pick is what would be offered.

@Jeezla....hush bro.....Dont want Gettleman getting any ideas...

Because if the Giants could land Teddy for something like a 2nd and a conditional 3rd, then that would be potentially franchise-altering for them....

They (foolishly) missed out on drafting a QB at #2. Im very grateful as an Eagles fan to not have any of Darnold, Rosen, or Jackson playing in our division (Allen on the other hand...man I wish my team played against the Bills twice a year). 

So, they have some of the best skill position players in the league and one of the few RBs who can significantly impact their team IMO with Barkley. Eli will be the one who holds the offense back. Their defense is potentially going to be pretty good and the OL is the weakest unit needing 3 starters replaced next year. 

And I believe that Teddy was about to become and will become a top 10 QB soon. I was curious to see if his knee had any lingering effects on his play, but all of his TC/practice/few preseason drives have shown that it hasnt.  

Soo point is, lets keep rooting for the Giants to make bad QB decisions....and trading for Bridgewater is a smart one. Sooooo noope

Archived