What team do you think would trade for Teddy Bridgewater?

DoleINGout

19 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

well if nobody wants nick they dont want teddy. Teddy is a dumpster fire in comparison.

I don't think that it is so much that teams didn't want Nick Foles so much as they didn't want to go the Eagles ridiculous price tag.

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I would agree with that, though given that I'm more appreciative of Smith as a player than most, I'd have a hard time seeing a higher ceiling than smith but that's semantics.  However, I don't think that what you described is any different than how he was viewed before. 

So I guess I'm a little confused about the thread in general. Are we trying to establish current trade value on the basis that he's better than he was in Minnesota now as several people have talked of his improvements and he had a nice pre season opener, or are we trying to establish value based on him being the guy he was in Minnesota but healthy now? Because trying to establish trade value based on some sort of peak value thing about him being better now than he was I think is not possible at this current point in time. 

For me, it's the latter. But again, I thought he was going to break out before the knee injury based on how he played that preseason. I don't think he'll be as expensive as some have posited based on the injury and the uncertainty. However, I think he'll be a steal if he's given a shot to start in the right scheme. 

14 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

teddy has no real value because nick foles exists and is a better option if you want to actually win.

Teddy is a better QB if he's back, and you're not buying high on him.

13 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I can't imagine that Bridgewater has much if any value right now.

QBs always have value, especially when a need arises.

13 hours ago, jrry32 said:

QBs always have value, especially when a need arises.

He's only played in one meaningful game since 2005, and he's only thrown 2 passes over that period.  Add on the fact that he's signed for 1 year, and he's not going to get much more than a conditional late round pick at most IMO.

On 8/12/2018 at 10:48 AM, SDotNova said:

I don’t think the Jets and Pats would be willing trade partners. The last time they made a trade, it was forced. 

New Orleans would make sense.

I think it’ll take an injury though. Aside from that, I can’t really see a team trading for him as is.

I've been a fan of his for some time, I wouldn't mind if the price was right.

Weren’t the Eagles asking for a 1st for Foles? Kind of silly to bring up the Nick situation. If the Eagles were willing to trade him for a 2nd or 3rd, he would have been in high demand.

As for Teddy, a good comparison might be Tyrod Taylor. The Bills got back a 3rd for him. Teddy has not been as productive as Tyrod has been and is coming back from a terrible injury. But Teddy is only 25. I don’t know, a 4th or 5th seems about right for Teddy. That of course would go up if a QB on a contending teams gets injured and start calling the Jets. In that situation, maybe a 3rd.

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

He's only played in one meaningful game since 2005, and he's only thrown 2 passes over that period.  Add on the fact that he's signed for 1 year, and he's not going to get much more than a conditional late round pick at most IMO.

I assume you mean 2015? 

I wouldn't discount Teddy's value. He got offers elsewhere, but he chose the Jets because he felt it was the most realistic avenue to start. He didn't have a crystal ball, but he has been a great teammate and is embracing the moment which shows his character. 

I think every team in the league still has long-term questions about the knee, and I don't think one offseason will remove those questions. I do think a number of teams will view Teddy as a solid option for a team in win-now mode. Now that the league knows he's healthy, I think someone will be willing to give a projected compensatory 3rd/4th for him to be their backup. If he keeps playing well and/or an injury occurs, that price can and likely will escalate. 

In terms of player swaps, I think the Jacksonville Jaguars (Fowler) and Denver Broncos (Ray) are the teams to watch. Both are flush with pass rushers with under-performing former first round picks at the position on their rosters. Both are also in "win-now" mode with somewhat questionable starters and even more questionable backups. The Jets arguably have the worst edge rushing presence in the NFL and have (it shocks me to say it) one of the best QB rooms in the NFL. This could be moot-point if Kessler and Kelly continue to grow, but if either team is not convinced that the two would be ready to start, they may opt to pull the trigger for Teddy. 

Teddy brings the short term value of a top-notch backup QB/capable starter and the long term potential to be a future starter, while the Jets get much needed pass rush help. Seems like a win-win to me. 

Archived