Preseason Week 2 - GDT vs. Pittsburgh

Leader

10 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Penalty is applied from spot of kickoff and we were kicking off backed up on a previous penalty.

Unrelated but this reminds me of when I was in high school and the opposing JV team racked up 2 personal founls that were enforced on the same kickoff. Our school got to kick off from the opposing 35 yard line. Inexplicably, they decided to kick it into the parking lot instead of going for an onside kick that would end up around the opponent’s 25 anyway. I was annoyed by that decision lol

5 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Unrelated but this reminds me of when I was in high school and the opposing JV team racked up 2 personal founls that were enforced on the same kickoff. Our school got to kick off from the opposing 35 yard line. Inexplicably, they decided to kick it into the parking lot instead of going for an onside kick that would end up around the opponent’s 25 anyway. I was annoyed by that decision lol

Should have kicked a field goal - then go back and kick off from the regular line :)

From PackersNews: On the play where Jamaal Williams sustained an ankle injury

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/08/19/packers-jamal-williams-tackle-dirty-play/1037584002/

"On his final carry Thursday night, Green Bay Packers running back Jamaal Williams had nowhere to run. He was stuffed at the line of scrimmage for no gain. It looked like a basic play, nothing out of the ordinary. Except as the pile held him up, Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Vince Williams twisted his right ankle outward – counterclockwise – during the tackle.

Asked in the locker room Sunday, Jamaal Williams said he thought the tackle was “most definitely” a dirty play and said it was “very unnecessary” to twist his ankle. “He could’ve stopped and let go of my leg a long time before,” Williams said."

Jamaal Williams returned to the huddle, stayed on the field for the next snap, and even got a good block on a blitzing linebacker. But the Packers announced that he sustained an ankle injury. "

4 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

From PackersNews: On the play where Jamaal Williams sustained an ankle injury

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/08/19/packers-jamal-williams-tackle-dirty-play/1037584002/

"On his final carry Thursday night, Green Bay Packers running back Jamaal Williams had nowhere to run. He was stuffed at the line of scrimmage for no gain. It looked like a basic play, nothing out of the ordinary. Except as the pile held him up, Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Vince Williams twisted his right ankle outward – counterclockwise – during the tackle.

Asked in the locker room Sunday, Jamaal Williams said he thought the tackle was “most definitely” a dirty play and said it was “very unnecessary” to twist his ankle. “He could’ve stopped and let go of my leg a long time before,” Williams said."

Jamaal Williams returned to the huddle, stayed on the field for the next snap, and even got a good block on a blitzing linebacker. But the Packers announced that he sustained an ankle injury. "

I watched it. Not sure I agree. 

On 8/18/2018 at 9:28 AM, Cakeshoppe said:

I would've had a nervous breakdown. How badly were you beating the other team by that time?

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I watched it. Not sure I agree. 

98 got him by the ankle.  He was on his stomach with his foot in his grasp.  Then 98 he rolled onto his back for absolutely no reason and twisted his ankle in the process.  48:40

16 minutes ago, Cheech said:

98 got him by the ankle.  He was on his stomach with his foot in his grasp.  Then 98 he rolled onto his back for absolutely no reason and twisted his ankle in the process.  48:40

I watched it. He's holding onto an ankle while Williams is bouncing around.

Archived