2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

2 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Perhaps, but again, multiple sources have reported that they want Jones. We’ll find out soon enough. 

So the most smoke around NYG and QB's is around Daniel Jones and Dwayne Haskins.

Very little about Drew Lock... that's probably their guy at 6.

3 hours ago, rampantjet said:

We wouldn't be drafting him as a NT he would be moved all over the line.  I also think he would torture interior O linemen even in the NFL.

Agreed. However the argument was that he was a NT and to draft him as one. 

Drafting him would mean the departure of either anderson or leo since Q isnt a NT. 

The basis of the argument was drafting Q means saying gbye to anderson or leo as starters since there's essentially 2 spots for 3 guys. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Drafting him would mean the departure of either anderson or leo since Q isnt a NT. 

The basis of the argument was drafting Q means saying gbye to anderson or leo as starters since there's essentially 2 spots for 3 guys. 

Exactly.

If we took Oliver, he would essentially play the same role as Donald in Gregg's defense. He'd be seeing a lot of time at end which he has the athleticism to play no doubt. Definitely warming up to the idea even though I still think it's a smokescreen and we end up with Bosa. If it played out this way we still would need at least another true edge though.

2 hours ago, KodiakThunder said:

Meh I don't think that is the case.  We are going to play a lot of 4 more fronts and even in 3 man fronts you can have Anderson, Q and Leo on the field at the same time.  Playing right over the C is what Q does best.  He can play anywhere though

• 2 weeks later...

Mel Kiper Jr.' top 10 for 2020 draft.

Tua Tagovailoa. | QB. | Alabama.

Jerry Jeudy. | WR. | Alabama.

Justin Herbert. | QB. | Oregon.

Chase Young. | DE. | Ohio State.

Derrick Brown. | DT. | Auburn.

Grant Delpit. | S. | LSU. ...

Trey Adams. | OT. | Washington.

Walker Little. | OT. | Stanford.

Anthony Thomas. | OT. | Georgia.

Jake Fromm. | QB. | Georgia.

Prospects in bold should be part of first wave of scouting this Summer and beyond for Jets.

Edit....  I am surprised that Mel doesn't think highly of AJ Epenesa.  He must plummets his stock to avoid top BPA for Jets wherever spot they will end up in the draft order.

Edited by JetsandI

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Do we have to create new thread for 2020 prospects or just continue with this thread?

I’d create a new one. This one will get buried with new threads. No sense of continuing it from a Past year

Couple quick takeaways from today's press conferences:

• Quinnen Williams will be a fan favorite, and most likely an NFL star
  • Polite's character issues are overblown, has the talent to be great, still question his desire 
  • I love Bless Austins confidence, and if he can remain healthy, I hope he can prove people wrong 
  •  Wesco is willing to work 
  • Cashman can be and is willing to be an instant contributor on special teams   

As much as I would have liked to address OL and skill positions, I like this draft class. In true Mac fashion we went best player available, and hopefully, 3-4 of these guys will be constant contributors. Couldn't find anything on Chuma Edoga, whose tape I like. 

7 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Couple quick takeaways from today's press conferences:

• Quinnen Williams will be a fan favorite, and most likely an NFL star
  • Polite's character issues are overblown, has the talent to be great, still question his desire 
  • I love Bless Austins confidence, and if he can remain healthy, I hope he can prove people wrong 
  •  Wesco is willing to work 
  • Cashman can be and is willing to be an instant contributor on special teams   

As much as I would have liked to address OL and skill positions, I like this draft class. In true Mac fashion we went best player available, and hopefully, 3-4 of these guys will be constant contributors. Couldn't find anything on Chuma Edoga, whose tape I like. 

Did Edoga sign the contract?  Otherwise, he can't be there for press conference.

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Did Edoga sign the contract?  Otherwise, he can't be there for press conference.

Not sure.  Didn't realize that was necessary for a press conference. To my knowledge only Wesco, Austin, and Cashman have signed contracts.

15 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Quinnen and Polite both held press conferences despite not being signed, so it's interesting, although probably irrelevant, that  Edoga was absent. 

Edited by NJC33

54 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Not sure.  Didn't realize that was necessary for a press conference. To my knowledge only Wesco, Austin, and Cashman have signed contracts.

Perhaps not. Rookie camp/orientation camp does not require any dots on paper.  Sure Edoga will be around today or tomorrow. otherwise Maccagnan screws up big time. lol.

• Like 2

Ah.... Edoga was not at the orientation because he was graduating from USC.  Whatever the hell it is but that is the reason for him being absent.  interesting.

Edit:  Oh, the commencement day is tomorrow. That could mean we won't expect him until Monday or Tuesday.

Edited by JetsandI

Nice presser by Polite. Glad to hear him own up to his immaturity. Sounds like he is growing up fast. Also sounds like Leo is in his ear a lot. Interesting that he said the pre-draft process opened his eyes to some of the immature things he did throughout his college career. He sounds like a great kid that just needs a solid mentor. Luckily this defense unit has a handful of guys that can take him under their wings. Sounds like Leo is already doing it. 

He said he played at 235 last year and thinks 245 is a good weight for him. So for those of us that thought 260 was too much, he agrees.

Edited by SDotNova