Preseason week 2 GDT: 49ers vs Texans

Forge

3 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

LOL dumbass Bolden. GO DOWN. What if that was a real game. Reminds me of Cedrick Wilson all those years ago. 

God, I can't believe I remember what you're talking about. Who was that against? The Steelers? ( I know he played for them too) 

4 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Now it's called a touchdown lol. 

I feel like that's going to be a theme this year. Bad defense will bury Jimmy G's heroics

It will come down to a combination of our pass rush and our secondary play. Hard to really trust our corners at the moment but our DL is rounding in to shape nicely. It's a fairly deep group. Going to take a group effort to generate consistent pressure up front.

I'd love to get some tipped pass interceptions from armstead Buckner and Thomas. Use those tall frames to cut off throwing lanes to the sidelines late in games when teams don't have timeouts, force the throw to the middle of the field or bat it down or make them over throw it trying to get over you. 

What's the verdict on warner tonight? Seemed like he was around the action a few times, not a bad start 

Pinion listened to my advice and went with the coffin punt this week. Tough to see on TV but it looked well struck and had great flight. It certainly was an impressive showing, punts like that were why he was taken in the 5th round. Maybe him and lechler got together? That guy is a consummate professional. Mr consistent. If pinion could have some of that rub off on him, hed be an incredible punter. Punters are people too? 

McNichols is just a really fun name to say

Our kicker is pretty gould, like really pretty gould

Quessenberry is a gift to humanity 

I'm still sad we didn't draft OKORWONKODONKO 

Also that Jimmy G throw to Goodwin was good to get on film. He had good footwork and used his hips well. Still looked effortless and it was perfectly placed. Basically hit Goodwin in the helmet. We are giving the Vikings something to think about by connecting on those. Zimmer plays things pretty straight up most of the time anyways, but showing him balance deep will help keep the middle and the underneath routes open ... I just hope we can block them. 

The jags screened Minnesota to death today early in the game. It was wide wide open multiple times in a row. TJ yeldon actually looked really good. Keeping the safeties honest could help turn a 10 yard screen into a 50 yard touchdown with McKinnons top end, straightline speed

Jim and Juice was hilarious, loved it.

Oh, and garnet did not impress. He still has a belly on him. Had a couple of decent plays but also had some that weren't up to snuff.. 

From the 49ers reddit thread "I think Joe Williams will get cut":

Dude isn’t running too well. Plus, he got in the way of Richie James’s punt return, and turned and walked away without helping James up. Bourne immediately came to help James up. That body language combined with his lack of production, he’s probably gonna be the odd man out.

I just thought it was funny that Williams didn't help James up after he went down due to Williams being the way. He just casually walked away lol. Didn't think anyone else would notice that. Anyways yeah, I think Williams is done here. Just doesn't seem that good of a player.

They said that his brother in law was murdered like 10 days ago. Seems like the guy has some serious family issues, but this is the NFL. You have to put all of that aside and be a professional. 

Sometimes you just have to cut a guy loose. Maybe this will help the front office reign in trading up to get Kyle's guys? I mean, it's perfectly acceptable to be an incredible head coach while also being a hit or miss talent evaluator. Maybe he should let his dad do some legwork on potential rbs..  we didn't draft anyone in this deep rb class and I was disappointed. Felt like the year to get a talented guy in the 5th or 6th 

13 hours ago, Forge said:

Wish that were true. There's a reason why guys like Josh Allen go top 10 and Nick Mullens go undrafted. 

You can teach the upstairs to some extent, you can't teach the physical attributes. 

Josh got picked top 10. But whether he makes it or not is going to depend on his head. The list of strong armed QBs that have washed out because they have no head for the game is impossibly long. Kaps arm was as good as anyone's. His head for the game was terrible. On the other hand Joe Montans arm was only average 

13 hours ago, mw2noobbuster said:

Dumbest rule in football. How else are you supposed to freaking tackle?

You have to bend at the waist to hit a guy with your shoulder. Bending at the waist is not the same ad leading with your head. The league needs to clarify this for the refs. 

2 hours ago, big9erfan said:

Josh got picked top 10. But whether he makes it or not is going to depend on his head. The list of strong armed QBs that have washed out because they have no head for the game is impossibly long. Kaps arm was as good as anyone's. His head for the game was terrible. On the other hand Joe Montans arm was only average 

I love this argument because it insinuates that the list of guys who washed out because they don't have the physical tools (or were even given a chance in the first place)  isn't impossibly long as well 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I love this argument because it insinuates that the list of guys who washed out because they don't have the physical tools (or were even given a chance in the first place)  isn't impossibly long as well 

Yeah for every Jamarcus Russell there is a Kellen Moore or even two. Besides that Allen's biggest problem was with his footwork and when you just watch the senior bowl you can already see the improvement he made in that compartment.

Archived