Preseason Week 3 GDT: THE MASTERCHEDDAR BOWL: Cleveland Hauls vs Philadelphia Who Cares About the Preseason 'Cuz We Champs

EaglesPeteC

17 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_of_asylum 

;)

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar

Gotcha we're Switzerland! Obviously I went with the other interpretation.

DICTIONARY
Enter a word, e.g. "pie"search_grey600_24dp.png
a·sy·lum
əˈsīləm/
noun
  1. 1.
    the protection granted by a nation to someone who has left their native country as a political refugee.
    "she applied for asylum and was granted refugee status"
  2. 2.
    dated
    an institution offering shelter and support to people who are mentally ill.
    "he'd been committed to an asylum"
    synonyms: psychiatric hospital, mental hospital,

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I said this in his thread. I don't care if we are forced to put him on the 53 man roster to early if he showed any promise as long as he doesn't get plucked off the PS/ Cut.

Like we did with Villanueva!!!!

I think he’ll get picked up if he’s on the PS. Some other crap team will make room for him and just deactivate him weekly. I’d be ok with him making the 53 unless, more ideally, he gets some kind of odd health issue and is IR’d. Would be some log jam there with Big V and the emerging Pryor. Good problem to have though. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

I think he’ll get picked up if he’s on the PS. Some other crap team will make room for him and just deactivate him weekly. I’d be ok with him making the 53 unless, more ideally, he gets some kind of odd health issue and is IR’d. Would be some log jam there with Big V and the emerging Pryor. Good problem to have though. 

No doubt a Andy special "Phantom IR" is what we need. I just don't care who gets cut from another position group/current "expected" OL in order to keep him if he truly has grown leaps and bounds in 4 months.

21 year olds with that size, strength and athletism don't grow on trees. Praying for Phantom IR!!!

23 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

No doubt a Andy special "Phantom IR" is what we need. I just don't care who gets cut from another position group/current "expected" OL in order to keep him if he truly has grown leaps and bounds in 4 months.

21 year olds with that size, strength and athletism don't grow on trees. Praying for Phantom IR!!!

Wouldn´t that stunt his development? IIRC a player whops IRed can´t practice all year.

5 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Wouldn´t that stunt his development? IIRC a player whops IRed can´t practice all year.

He can’t practice but there’s plenty of ways around that. He can easily get work in on his own. 

3 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:
27 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

He can still be coached up/ involved with meetings/ around other players picking up on the offense which should help him in 2019, just not on the field practicing. Which beats the alternative of him being Villanueva'd!!

Tommy Lawlor’s thoughts on Mailata:

Jordan Mailata is going to make the roster. I paid casual attention to him on Thursday night, but reviewed the game and wow. I have never seen a player come farther in a few weeks than him. Freaky.

This dude looked completely lost against the Steelers. Two weeks later, he looks like a veteran OT.

Watching him…the combination of size and athleticism…reminded me of Jason Peters. And I don’t say that lightly. Peters is a freak in his own right and has a shot to be in the Hall of Fame. Mailata has incredible potential. He just might be your starting LT in 2019.

There won’t be any IR. The Eagles are going to have him on the roster this year.

Putting him on IR would hurt his development more than you guys realize. He should be out there learning from Peters every chance he gets. Refining his technique. We’ve already seen how fast he’s progressed from the start of camp till now. Why would you ever want to do anything to mess with that?

I mean if really necessary during the season maybe you put him on IR, but definitely not initially.

12 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Also, one thing I disagree with Lawlor is it would surprise me if he’s our starting LT in 2019. My hope would definitely be for 2020.

yea, that'd be best case. Give him this year to sit behind Peters and V, learn for Stout, JP and Lane.

And move him in slowly next year while Peters needs rest.

Then in 2020 you get all that money from Peters' contract and you have a Mailata with experience taking over just when you gotta start paying some people.

It’s not terrible putting him on IR. He’s not ready so he won’t play. Do you want him protecting Wentz even in some disaster scenario? I don’t. He can be around the team and participate in everything except practice. But in the meantime can work out with hired trainers and really end up getting more reps and getting more actually work than the regular rostered players. 

On 8/27/2018 at 11:40 AM, Nabbs4u said:

Gotcha we're Switzerland! Obviously I went with the other interpretation.

DICTIONARY
Enter a word, e.g. "pie"search_grey600_24dp.png
a·sy·lum
əˈsīləm/
noun
  1. 1.
    the protection granted by a nation to someone who has left their native country as a political refugee.
    "she applied for asylum and was granted refugee status"

2. 2.
    dated
    an institution offering shelter and support to people who are mentally ill.
    "he'd been committed to an asylum"
    synonyms: psychiatric hospital, mental hospital,

However after further review... #2 fits the bill as well. 

:|

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar

On 8/27/2018 at 4:39 PM, Jroc04 said:

It’s not terrible putting him on IR. He’s not ready so he won’t play. Do you want him protecting Wentz even in some disaster scenario? I don’t. He can be around the team and participate in everything except practice. But in the meantime can work out with hired trainers and really end up getting more reps and getting more actually work than the regular rostered players. 

It’s not terrible, but it’s not good either.

You want him out there practicing every week.

Mailata would never play, so you don’t have to worry about that nightmare scenario. 

Seumalo and Vaitai will be active on game days. Pryor and Mailata wouldn’t.

If there are injuries to Peters or Vaitai, then I’m sure we would try making a trade or signing someone and in that scenario we would move them to IR if it’s season ending and if not then maybe we need to move Mailata to IR.

At least to start the year Mailata should be on the 53. Will he be there by seasons end or even halfway? That’s to be determined.

Archived