Preseason Week 3 GDT: THE MASTERCHEDDAR BOWL: Cleveland Hauls vs Philadelphia Who Cares About the Preseason 'Cuz We Champs

EaglesPeteC

10 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Foles going out of his way to make sure there is no qb controversy heading into the regular season. A true team player.  Hopefully he still can net us a 3rd rounder in a trade in his last act as a hero of the franchise. 

The GOAT.

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Did you escape the Asylum or did you join one? That's the real question? ?

I don't think that's the sort of asylum he was talking about. 

Rather, like when one seeks asylum in another country.

This is the first time I see us using the home jerseys in pre-season. Or at least I don´t remember the last time.

As for the game, I am a bit concerned about the team with how they looked the past three weeks. Nothing to salvage from the few 1st teamers that have played. Which brings me to my question.

Are we THAT injured or are we being overly lenient/careful with the rest time, rust be damned?

On 8/23/2018 at 11:37 PM, Kiltman said:

Aussie is actually kinda coming along at least?!?

From the Eagle Eye in the Sky podcast:

Mike Mayock: This Mailata kid.... might make the 53. I made the comment to a coach the other day. I was like in my mind I had a picture of this rugby player that never put pads on in his life and this kind of snapshot in my head of where he would be in training camp and he's far surpassed that. His natural combination of power and balance is rare. Lot of offensive linemen are powerful.... his balance is rare and its probably from rugby. But, I've seen him recover where I didn't think he had a shot to recover.... dropping his head, bending at the waist and next thing you know he's opening hips and cutting off a guy with a power step... he doesn't even know what a power step is and he's got it. So, he's interesting to me. I think down the road he can be your left tackle.

Fran Duffy: Watching him grow through practice has been really really interesting. Just in watching 1 on 1's he gains so much ground with that first step.

Mike Mayock: And, you would never say if you didn't know his background that it was his first year playing football.

6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

From the Eagle Eye in the Sky podcast:

Mike Mayock: This Mailata kid.... might make the 53. I made the comment to a coach the other day. I was like in my mind I had a picture of this rugby player that never put pads on in his life and this kind of snapshot in my head of where he would be in training camp and he's far surpassed that. His natural combination of power and balance is rare. Lot of offensive linemen are powerful.... his balance is rare and its probably from rugby. But, I've seen him recover where I didn't think he had a shot to recover.... dropping his head, bending at the waist and next thing you know he's opening hips and cutting off a guy with a power step... he doesn't even know what a power step is and he's got it. So, he's interesting to me. I think down the road he can be your left tackle.

Fran Duffy: Watching him grow through practice has been really really interesting. Just in watching 1 on 1's he gains so much ground with that first step.

Mike Mayock: And, you would never say if you didn't know his background that it was his first year playing football.

it's nuts man, but you can see it...even though it was against lower-end guys

So impressed with where he's at.

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

it's nuts man, but you can see it...even though it was against lower-end guys

So impressed with where he's at.

I think that's whats most impressive about it. On paper the dude shouldn't even be able to step with lower end NFL guys. Really impressive given his lack of experience.

23 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

He’s only 21. What a find it would be if he develops and takes over in a couple years. 

I said this in his thread. I don't care if we are forced to put him on the 53 man roster to early if he showed any promise as long as he doesn't get plucked off the PS/ Cut.

Like we did with Villanueva!!!!

Archived