Iloka cut?

ochocinco4pres

39 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Dunlap commented a lone face-palm emoji on the NFL's Instagram post of Iloka's release. I'm sure he's thrilled to resign.

It's business.  Show him the $$$ and he'll sign.

On 8/21/2018 at 8:44 AM, THE DUKE said:

We had 2 strong safties starting at the 2 safety spots.  Now we have a strong and a free and opened up cap room to give to Geno/Dunlap.

There's two sides to every coin. This news is being received so negatively because it looks bad in the short-term. Our team didn't get better this week by releasing a good player. But hopefully it will secure things in the long run with Dunlap and Atkins. Hopefully Bates balls out.

If their getting Iloka to be a run stopping SS, then it's a great signing.  If they are getting him to play FS, then i'd list it as solid at best.  IIRC Zimmer likes his safeties to be more interchangeable, but I wouldn't rely on Iloka covering anyone outside of TE's.

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

If their getting Iloka to be a run stopping SS, then it's a great signing.  If they are getting him to play FS, then i'd list it as solid at best.  IIRC Zimmer likes his safeties to be more interchangeable, but I wouldn't rely on Iloka covering anyone outside of TE's.

If he could do that well, the Bengals have been wasting him for years.  I think the last time i saw a Bengal cover a TE was 2005 - Odell Thurman.

One thing I kinda forgot to consider was how much we were paying two safeties in such a cold safety market. Maybe we can bring in Eric Reid for a third of the price to back up Bates while giving Austin 3 safety looks. For what Iloka is, we were overpaying him. His market value sank in what seemed like an offseason.

On 8/22/2018 at 2:26 PM, THE DUKE said:

Harrison Smith is the FS. Iloka will probably be behind Sendejo and we either move on from Anthony Harris, or Jayron Kearse, who's built just like Iloka.

Archived