Players getting drafted high that you just can't get on board with?

holt_bruce81

What are some players with high ADP that you just can't seem to pull the trigger on? For me there's a few...

1. Doug Baldwin WR - I know if he were fully healthy he'd probably be going in the 2nd round, so getting him in the 4th round seems like a steal right? But that knee injury scares the crap out of me, and I don't trust anything Pete Carroll says to the media. I think Baldwin could miss some significant time this year. 

2. Sammy Watkins WR - @JaguarCrazy2832 had asked me in a thread why I was so high on Sammy, well really, I'm not. I think those 2 Mocks have literally been the only 2 mocks I've taken him in lol. 

3. New England backfield: I don't trust BB 

4. Jay Ajayi RB - Would just much rather have Corey Clement 6-8 rounds later. 

5. Mark Ingram RB - Don't get me wrong, Ingram is a monster when he's on the field, but the fact that I have to spend a 4th or a 5th round pick on a guy who you're only going to get 1 game out of in the first 6 weeks is to scary for me to take a gamble on. 

31 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

What are some players with high ADP that you just can't seem to pull the trigger on? For me there's a few...

1. Doug Baldwin WR - I know if he were fully healthy he'd probably be going in the 2nd round, so getting him in the 4th round seems like a steal right? But that knee injury scares the crap out of me, and I don't trust anything Pete Carroll says to the media. I think Baldwin could miss some significant time this year. 

2. Sammy Watkins WR - @JaguarCrazy2832 had asked me in a thread why I was so high on Sammy, well really, I'm not. I think those 2 Mocks have literally been the only 2 mocks I've taken him in lol. 

5. Mark Ingram RB - Don't get me wrong, Ingram is a monster when he's on the field, but the fact that I have to spend a 4th or a 5th round pick on a guy who you're only going to get 1 game out of in the first 6 weeks is to scary for me to take a gamble on. 

I hate NE RBs, I refuse to start them. The weeks I have started one, another guy gets all the work. I gave up on them. I try not to grab any  unless its a waiver pickup or late round pick but even then I don't trust them.

The RB situation in NE.
The RB situation in GB.
The RB situation in BAL.
The RB situation in MIA.
The RB situation in CLE.
The RB situation in DET.
All bad.
That being said, if you get a guy in round 10 or later from those teams you score.
There are guys with "opportunities" who may pan out.
But, you'd need to draft 18 RB's to cover them all.
You're not that smart, maybe that lucky, but not that smart.

I honestly don't sweat the NE RB's as much; they run way more than people give them credit for (and that you actually can depend on BB for).  You're not going to get MASSIVE weeks out of them every week, but the floor of whoever the top two RB's are (and preseason James White is different from regular season James White who only gets passing down detail - the later - whenever everyone's healthy).

I don't get the Jay Ajayi early love.  Pederson's made it clear he wants a committee and he comes from the Andy Reid school of coaching which is actually more difficult to determine who is going to go off on a given week because there's no actually match-up strategy to it... some weeks they just forget to give their best guys the touches they should get.

Similarly, I'm baffled by the Juju love as early as he's going (I've seen some instances with him taken ahead clear WR1's on their respective teams like Allen Robinson, Amari Cooper).  He's getting drafted based on last season when he's going to have to snag multiple long-bomb TD's to justify that value as Ben's only supported more than one Top 32 receiver once in his career and Juju is the #3 receiver (I'm counting Bell because you should) with another highly-drafted rookie who is also a deep-threat in his own right breathing down his neck.

There are some guys getting drafted at their ceilings that scare me. Kamara getting some love in the Top 5 and Juju being drafted as a Top 15 WR. I am avoiding Greg Olson this year. His usage went down last year and has to deal with McCaffrey as well. I'm avoiding Jimmy G, lots of hype around him but no real TD threats. I could see good yardage but lack of TDs will keep him outside the top 12 overall QBs.

10 hours ago, The LBC said:

I honestly don't sweat the NE RB's as much; they run way more than people give them credit for (and that you actually can depend on BB for).  You're not going to get MASSIVE weeks out of them every week, but the floor of whoever the top two RB's are (and preseason James White is different from regular season James White who only gets passing down detail - the later - whenever everyone's healthy).

I don't get the Jay Ajayi early love.  Pederson's made it clear he wants a committee and he comes from the Andy Reid school of coaching which is actually more difficult to determine who is going to go off on a given week because there's no actually match-up strategy to it... some weeks they just forget to give their best guys the touches they should get.

Similarly, I'm baffled by the Juju love as early as he's going (I've seen some instances with him taken ahead clear WR1's on their respective teams like Allen Robinson, Amari Cooper).  He's getting drafted based on last season when he's going to have to snag multiple long-bomb TD's to justify that value as Ben's only supported more than one Top 32 receiver once in his career and Juju is the #3 receiver (I'm counting Bell because you should) with another highly-drafted rookie who is also a deep-threat in his own right breathing down his neck.

I would take JuJu over Robinson but not Cooper.

With you on Ajayi.

I don't want anything to do with Drake or the MIA backfield. They are going to be down and out in almost every game. He can catch the ball, but I think he will get game scripted out.

On 8/23/2018 at 11:00 AM, holt_bruce81 said:

There’s some concern with Baldwin, mainly because we have NO IDEA what happened to his knee.

Watkins is a guy I’m happy is going so high. He’s not going to be on any of my teams.

I disagree to an extent. James White should outplay ADP...heck, he might even be a top 10 PPR guy this year. Crazier things have happened. I’ll take Michel in dynasty because I believe in his talent. But otherwise I’m not touching the situation.

Completely agree. I actually think Clement is better.

Ingram is looking incredible in camp...as a 4th round pick, he may actually be a steal. Get get a guy like Carson, Barber, James White, Jonathan Williams, or Jamaal Williams to play the first four weeks. I feel much better with that strategy than taking a guy like Ajayi or Lynch in the 4th-5th round range. 

3 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

I don't trust Christian McCaffrey as an RB1.

In standard or PPR league? In a PPR league I absolutely would but also this statement leads me to ask a question. When you say RB 1, that all depends on where you take him though right? Like if you draft Brown at #5 in a 12 team league, taking CMC in round 2 technically makes him a #1 RB on your team but as a 2nd round pick. I don't have CMC as a Top15 player in a standard league

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

In standard or PPR league? In a PPR league I absolutely would but also this statement leads me to ask a question. When you say RB 1, that all depends on where you take him though right? Like if you draft Brown at #5 in a 12 team league, taking CMC in round 2 technically makes him a #1 RB on your team but as a 2nd round pick. I don't have CMC as a Top15 player in a standard league

I don't know I just don't see him as a real threat to crack 1,000 yards rushing or receiving or as a huge touchdown guy, so I have my doubts about him until late 2nd round probably in a 10 man league like I'm in.

Just now, AlNFL19 said:

I don't know I just don't see him as a real threat to crack 1,000 yards rushing or receiving or as a huge touchdown guy, so I have my doubts about him until late 2nd round probably in a 10 man league like I'm in.

I mean a late 2nd in a 10 team league is in the 17-20 range so thats pretty much his ADP right?

On 8/25/2018 at 7:07 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

In standard leagues based purely on ADP in the Top-60

Julio Jones

Keenan Allen

Alvin Kamara

Mike Evans

Jerick McKinnon

TY Hilton

Stefon Diggs

Golden Tate

Jarvis Landry

Kenyan Drake