PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

Just throwing this out there, but IF the season gets cancelled, or IF the season is severely limited, I think that we should expand the number of keepers a bit. It really wouldn't be fair for people to have to make decisions on the rookies that they drafted if the season is cancelled or we only get 4 games or something like that. Just a thought. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Just throwing this out there, but IF the season gets cancelled, or IF the season is severely limited, I think that we should expand the number of keepers a bit. It really wouldn't be fair for people to have to make decisions on the rookies that they drafted if the season is cancelled or we only get 4 games or something like that. Just a thought. 

id be all for this. 

17 hours ago, Lions017 said:

I've thought about that also, not sure we need to make the call on this at this point in time...

Most teams will keep their first pk, some will keep their top two/three pks depending on the draft slots/team needs. The players not kept would only enhance next years draft that could have less top end players that decide to enter the NFL draft due to covid eligibility?

I think we need to see what what happens to this season, & the # of quality NFL draft prospects that come out next year to help us determine if we need to do anything.

Edited by WE-R-Lions
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

I've thought about that also, not sure we need to make the call on this at this point in time...

Most teams will keep their first pk, some will keep their top two/three pks depending on the draft slots/team needs. The players not kept would only enhance next years draft that could have less top end players that decide to enter the NFL draft due to covid eligibility?

I think we need to see what what happens to this season, & the # of quality NFL draft prospects that come out next year to help us determine if we need to do anything.

I agree with the wait and see approach. We’ve already discussed this in USMC...and I’m not sure there’s a right answer. It would be a bummer to just drop the prospects I just drafted sight unseen. But there is a concern about making the strong teams stronger. 

• Like 1

Keep in mind that I wouldn't be suggesting anything radical, just something like expanding keepers from 12 to like...13 or 14. Just enough so that people can hold onto their rosters and also keep a pick or two that they wouldn't have had time to fully evaluate. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

Keep in mind that I wouldn't be suggesting anything radical, just something like expanding keepers from 12 to like...13 or 14. Just enough so that people can hold onto their rosters and also keep a pick or two that they wouldn't have had time to fully evaluate. 

I understand, but that could make the 2021 draft prospects very limited & would make the FA pool extremely shallow. There's always +/-'s when a change like this is made. I'm taking a wait and see approach.

6 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

This is probably a great time to be asking this question but since this is an offline draft, how are you guys looking at the players available? Is anything being updated in ESPN along the way?

It’s never updated on ESPN until it’s done. I just keep a spreadsheet with my rookie rankings and then I’ve made note of some additional veteran targets on there. 

1 minute ago, Lions017 said:

It’s never updated on ESPN until it’s done. I just keep a spreadsheet with my rookie rankings and then I’ve made note of some additional veteran targets on there. 

That is what I've been doing too but I wondered if there was something a little more "real time". Thanks for the clarification. 

This is my roster after my draft is complete (drafted pk's or traded players are in bold)

QB's: Matt Ryan, Jimmy Garoppolo

RB's: Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Miles Sanders, Derrius Guice, Marlon Mack, Duke Johnson

WR's: CeeDee Lamb, Diontae Johnson, Dede Westbrook, Tee Higgins, Andy Isabella, Miles Boykin, Dante Pettis

TE's: Jonnu Smith, Jack Doyle

Def: Steelers

K: Wil Lutz

Mack took an unexpected hit this year, hopping Guice will pick-up the slack.

Very exited about CEH & Lamb additions!

Westbrook, Smith, Doyle should be steady this year.

Higgins, Isabella, (Mack if traded / moves to a new team after his contract this year) could be a year away for good production?

Overall I'm pleased with the additions to my team. I'm feeling I'm still a year out from making a run.

• Like 2