PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

7 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I was just trying to get an understanding of what is allowed/not allowed. Wilson was a cut candidate post-draft for me anyway. Now he absolutely fits that bill. However, the rules are that you have to leave with a K and DST. I just wanted to get an understanding of where we were being flexible or inflexible on the rules now that COVID is also in the mix and not just dealing with training camp/pre-season injuries. 

Yeah, I only pushed to trade down from the 3rd round to the 5th round because I knew I had to leave the draft with a D/ST and a K. I would've kept my 3rd if that rule wasn't in place.

• Like 1

Because were so deep in the draft we need to keep the rules as is to make it fair for all, as we all share the same risk of one or more of our players opting out.

Lets see if ESPN updates the IR eligible players or adds a Covid slot(s)?

If not, I'm thinking teams that have players that opted out on their rosters could be put first on the waver wire?      We mite have limited options??

Edited by WE-R-Lions
  • Like 2

I'm not a big fan of amending the draft as is on the fly. I would vote no if that issue was put to vote. I took Baltimore under the assumption that the Kicker and D/ST requirement was staying in place. I might have felt different if it was suggested before the first D/ST or Kicker was selected, but that's not possible a this point. I'm not sure what the best answer to the Covid issue is, unfortunately.

• Like 1

Albert Wilson isn't going to make or break my team, so it really is just a matter of understanding (for me anyway) what is acceptable/not acceptable based on the current circumstances. If it was Julio Jones or Zeke Elliott choosing to sit out, then it might be a different story and hit a team harder than others. 

It's all good - I will wait and release Mr. Wilson post-draft. 

• Like 1

In the spirit of @WE-R-Lions, I will lay out my draft/roster. 

QB: Cam Newton (T), Jordan Love (D)

RB: D'andre Swift (D), Raheem Mostert (K), Gio Bernard (K), Ryquell Armstead (D)

WR: Calvin Ridley(K), Emmanuel Sanders (K), Jalen Reagor (D), Michael Pittman (D), Denzel Mims (D), Albert Wilson (K)

TE: Mark Andrews (K), Adam Trautman (D)

DST: Chicago

K: TBD

I took over a team that finished in the bottom 3 and immediately made a couple trades: Acquiring Cameron J Newton and trading away Sam Darnold, David Montgomery, Devante Parker for picks. I will leave the draft with only 6/12 keepers. My goal was to acquire extra picks and add good, young talent in this deep draft with the expectation that 2021 was going to be a gong show for the draft process. 

We will see how 2020 shakes out (if we even have a season) but I am hoping these moves will pay off immediately and into the future. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

RB: D'andre Swift (D), Raheem Mostert (K), Gio Bernard (K), Ryquell Armstead (D)

WR: Calvin Ridley(K), Emmanuel Sanders (K), Jalen Reagor (D), Michael Pittman (D), Denzel Mims (D), Albert Wilson (K)

I took over a team that finished in the bottom 3 and immediately made a couple trades: Acquiring Cameron J Newton and trading away Sam Darnold, David Montgomery, Devante Parker for picks. I will leave the draft with only 6/12 keepers. My goal was to acquire extra picks and add good, young talent in this deep draft with the expectation that 2021 was going to be a gong show for the draft process. 

We will see how 2020 shakes out (if we even have a season) but I am hoping these moves will pay off immediately and into the future. 

A young team....Yes it would be good to have a season for the rookies to get there feet wet.

Nice job on the draft picks! I liked all those rookies, better if they we on my team thou.....:ph34r:

28 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

A young team....Yes it would be good to have a season for the rookies to get there feet wet.

Nice job on the draft picks! I liked all those rookies, better if they we on my team thou.....:ph34r:

They can be... at the right price.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

This team could be a serious problem for us in a couple years. 

On 11/20/2019 at 11:16 AM, SimsZilla said:

Trade!

@Lions017 gets :

my 2020 4th

@SimsZilla gets :

qb mason Rudolph 

his 2020 5th

I accept. Pleasure doing business with you 

There we go. I think that this is where the swap happened. If you go through @SimsZilla actually appears to have seven picks, so this one must've been overlooked. 

Edited by Lions017