PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

@SimsZilla & I feel this will work for determining next years draft order if the NFL cancels the season due to Covid.

Here's the game plan if the NFL has to cancel the season.

We will use the Final Standing Projection - from Fantasy Trends, located at the bottom of our League Pg. to determined our draft slot for next year if the NFL cancels the 2020 season.

Below is the current projection standings based on our draft & the traded players as of 08/16/20.

Sept 10th, the day of our first match/game we will take another snapshot of our standings & that will be the Final Standing Projection we will use for next years draft order if the NFL cancels the season before Nov 26 (Thanksgiving).  If the NFL cancels the season after Nov 26 we will use our Season standing on the ESPN site to determine our draft order with total score being the tie beaker if needed.   

If the NFL needs to cancel, I believe it will be within the first few weeks/months of the start of the season, If we get past that I'm thinking we will be good to go!!

16 Team X

15 House Tako

14 Old Man Jeb's Shady Taco Cart

13 King's Pride

12 The Murder Mitten

11 OD's Orcs

10 PDX Dirtbags

9 Prairie Dogs

8 Hoth Tauntauns

7 Show Me Your TD's

6 Playing For Keeps

5 Buffalo Bulldogs

4 TR Renegades (We-R-Lions)

3 Lions Pride81

2 Detroit Styles

1 Sandy Creek

Edited by WE-R-Lions
Updated 9/10 opening day of the NFL Season
  • Like 2

I've brought it up before a few times (too late in the off-season), but I think we should consider raising the maximum TE's allowed on a roster from 3 to 4 next off-season. 

We can:

Start 1 QB, but roster 3. 

Start 3 WR's (with flex), but roster 8. 

Start 3 RB (with flex) , but roster 8. 

Start 1 D/ST, but roster 3. 

Start 1 Kicker, but roster 3. 

Start 2 (with flex) TE, but roster 3.

We should add a TE spot to help rebuilding teams. It's a position that's extremely hard to find top end talent, and there's a growing number of athletic guys drafted in the mid rounds of the NFL draft that are worth taking fliers on in dynasty. It doesn't hurt the competitive balance to allow a team to take a shot at an extra TE if they have him valued higher than other guys or anything, and adding a spot helps balance the ratio of starters/bench players for each position. While nothing can be done now, I think we should revisit the issue next off-season and seriously consider it. Just wanted to throw it out there again with the recent run in with the max TE limit being 3. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, X_Factor_40 said:

I've brought it up before a few times (too late in the off-season), but I think we should consider raising the maximum TE's allowed on a roster from 3 to 4 next off-season. 

We can:

We should add a TE spot to help rebuilding teams. It's a position that's extremely hard to find top end talent, and there's a growing number of athletic guys drafted in the mid rounds of the NFL draft that are worth taking fliers on in dynasty. It doesn't hurt the competitive balance to allow a team to take a shot at an extra TE if they have him valued higher than other guys or anything, and adding a spot helps balance the ratio of starters/bench players for each position. While nothing can be done now, I think we should revisit the issue next off-season and seriously consider it. Just wanted to throw it out there again with the recent run in with the max TE limit being 3. 

I do recall you posting that, remind me next year & we can take a look at it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, X_Factor_40 said:

We can:

Strong point here. Well said.