PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

6 minutes ago, Lionized said:

Page 199 during the last season I was reminded that only current years picks were aloud to be trades before the trade deadline. Was there a change to this? 

This is everything about trades from the OP. It seems to imply that trading future picks is allowed:

"Trades
All trades that includes draft picks need to be listed and confirmed on this thread from both teams.

Prior to the keeper deadline
Teams can make multiple player trades (2 for 1) or (3 for 2) etc. All teams must have 12 players at the keeper deadline, or have a max of 18+IR players on their rosters along with 6 draft picks prior to the keeper deadline. (The team getting the extra player(s) may need to adjust/drop players if needed to stay within the team roster limit. (Remember you have to keep 12 players at the keeper deadline)
Current year draft picks & The following year draft picks can also be traded or be part of a trade, but pick totals need to equal out (1 for 1) or (2 for 2) etc. per year.

After the keeper deadline
Teams can make multiple player & current year draft picks in a trade (1-player for 1-pick) or (1-player & 1-pick for 2-picks) etc. but both teams need to have a total of 18 (players + picks) on their rosters prior and during the draft.
The following year draft picks can also be traded or be part of a trade, but pick totals need to equal out (1 for 1) or (2 for 2) etc. per year.

Future draft picks
Draft picks can be traded one year prior, but everyone must have 6 draft picks total."

6 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

No clue. I'm referencing the OP.

After the keeper deadline
Teams can make multiple player & current year draft picks in a trade (1-player for 1-pick) or (1-player & 1-pick for 2-picks) etc. but both teams need to have a total of 18 (players + picks) on their rosters prior and during the draft.
The following year draft picks can also be traded or be part of a trade, but pick totals need to equal out (1 for 1) or (2 for 2) etc. per year.

Future draft picks
Draft picks can be traded one year prior, but everyone must have 6 draft picks total.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

My understanding is that, now that the 2022 draft is over and the 2023 season has begun, the current draft is 2023 and the following year draft is 2024.

My personal interpretation is that current year is 2022 and following year is 2023 but I can also completely understand this logic. Would be good to get clarification so that I can trade away other future picks so that my team can go .500.

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

My personal interpretation is that current year is 2022 and following year is 2023 but I can also completely understand this logic. Would be good to get clarification so that I can trade away other future picks so that my team can go .500.

Exactly my thoughts, if I’m going to mortgage my future I want to do it right! 😂

2 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

We can only trade the current year (or following year) draft pks.

That means while were in 2022 the season only 2022 & 2023 pk's can be traded.

This feels like the language in the rules should be updated to reflect this as the 'post-draft' period to avoid future mix ups. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

As the 2022 draft has ended, and those draft picks no longer exist, the wording is a bit confusing: we can't trade the "current or following year" draft picks because, according to that rationale, there are no "current year" draft picks.

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

As the 2022 draft has ended, and those draft picks no longer exist, the wording is a bit confusing: we can't trade the "current or following year" draft picks because, according to that rationale, there are no "current year" draft picks.

Agreed - I can completely understand how this could be read in that way

9 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

I think I get it.

From OP:

"After the keeper deadline
The following year draft picks can also be traded or be part of a trade, but pick totals need to equal out (1 for 1) or (2 for 2) etc. per year.

Future draft picks
Draft picks can be traded one year prior, but everyone must have 6 draft picks total."

The "future draft picks" section is where I was confused, as it seems to imply that you can trade one year out from "following year". If that's the ruling, I understand it now.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
  • Like 1