PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

26 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

So because it wasn't confirmed AFTER we fixed the trade (even though @CalLionsFan agreed to the trade previously and accepted it through ESPN) you're telling me that I'm not going to get the draft pick? 

That's some nit-picky bull****. You didn't mention anything when it happened, CalLionsFan obviously didn't disagree with it. The trade happened. 

I'm taking my second round pick. That's what was posted on this site EVEN IF CalLionsFan forgot to come in here and quote me. 

Is there anyone that would seriously disagree with that? 

The original trade that included the draft picks & players was confirmed by CalLionsFan but it was denied because it put Cal over the limit for TE's. The trade for different players was re-worked and executed on the ESPN site, You posted the draft picks with the new players on the forum but Cal never confirmed it.

Changing players in a trade can affect draft capital. As a LM I need confirmed for all trades that includes draft picks.

I can't willy-nilly move draft picks in a trade without confirmed from both GM's on the Forum. That's in the rule. 

If you & Cal can come to terms on draft pick(s) to be included & confirm it for the group of players that was traded, I'll be happy to make the change. Other wise it stay's as is.    

You didn't mention anything when it happened,

Yes I did!!!! 

On 9/28/2018 at 9:50 AM, Lions017 said:

Thanks for doing that. I didn't list the teams because I had already posted the trade earlier and was in a hurry to get in in ASAP. 

Goff naturally went off for 5 TD's, but he was kind of wasted on my team with Russell Wilson on the squad. 

I still need confirmation, other wise the deal will be rescinded and the points will be adjusted accordingly by Sunday Noon.

Posting the team names help me when I set the 2019 draft pk's.

@Lions017 & @CalLionsFan I still need confirmation on the forum for the draft pk's otherwiise they won't be included in the trade.

Edited September 29, 2018 by WE-R-Lions

10 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

The original trade that included the draft picks & players was confirmed by CalLionsFan but it was denied because it put Cal over the limit for TE's. The trade for different players was re-worked and executed on the ESPN site, You posted the draft picks with the new players on the forum but Cal never confirmed it.

Changing players in a trade can affect draft capital. As a LM I need confirmed for all trades that includes draft picks.

I can't willy-nilly move draft picks in a trade without confirmed from both GM's on the Forum. That's in the rule. 

If you & Cal can come to terms on draft pick(s) to be included & confirm it for the group of players that was traded, I'll be happy to make the change. Other wise it stay's as is.    

You didn't mention anything when it happened,

Yes I did!!!! 

I still need confirmation, other wise the deal will be rescinded and the points will be adjusted accordingly by Sunday Noon.

Posting the team names help me when I set the 2019 draft pk's.

@Lions017 & @CalLionsFan I still need confirmation on the forum for the draft pk's otherwiise they won't be included in the trade.

Edited September 29, 2018 by WE-R-Lions

Alright, guess I missed that. 

Hopefully @CalLionsFandoesn't mind including those. If not it's not very cool that someone can just kind of forget to post something in the forum and have in influence draft picks. I understand the rule, but since he had already agreed to a trade (and only had to modify it to make things fit) I think that it's a bit silly. We clearly agreed to the trade and put it through and no one objected. You also clearly didn't rescind the deal and adjust the points, which I take to mean that the trade was confirmed, correct?

I also agreed to the trade on here and he agreed to it on ESPN and through our conversations so it's a pretty **** deal if I am the one that loses a pick out of this, not him. I did my part, but I'm essentially being docked a pick because of someone else's oversight. That's messed up. 

bHukiBJ.png

That's the last conversation we had, other than that it was through the ESPN trade interface, which I don't think I can pull records from. 

Edited by Lions017
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

Hopefully @CalLionsFandoesn't mind including those. If not it's not very cool that someone can just kind of forget to post something in the forum and have in influence draft picks. I understand the rule, but since he had already agreed to a trade (and only had to modify it to make things fit) I think that it's a bit silly. We clearly agreed to the trade and put it through and no one objected. 

I also agreed to the trade on here and he agreed to it on ESPN and through our conversations so it's a pretty **** deal if I am the one that loses a pick out of this, not him. 

I understand your pain, but a trade on the ESPN site only works for player trades, trading players on the site doesn't confirm draft trades on the forum.

Like I said earlier, when players are changed in in a trade it can affect draft capital.  

When trading draft picks it's Both GM's responsibility that the trades are listed correctly & confirmed.  

Hoping the Lions trade down and still get the player they want in the first Rd tonight! B|

Edited by WE-R-Lions

8 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

I understand your pain, but a trade on the ESPN site only works for player trades, trading players on the site doesn't confirm draft trades on the forum.

When trading draft picks it's Both GM's responsibility that the trades are listed correctly & confirmed.  

Hoping the Lions trade down and still get the player they want in the first Rd tonight! B|

And what if the other GM forgets, especially in a unique situation like this one? What exactly am I supposed to do in this situation? I did my part but I lose out. 

1 minute ago, Lions017 said:

And what if the other GM forgets, especially in a unique situation like this one? What exactly am I supposed to do in this situation? I did my part but I lose out. 

This has never happened before, do to the traded players were pushed thru on the ESPN site before the confirmation was received on the forum for the draft pKs. The old adage...hast makes wast comes to mind.

Moving forward we need to be sure all the I's are dotted and the T's crossed when trading players that include draft picks. If this is done we won't have this problem.

Checking in....

So the issue is that the trade was issued and accepted by the two GMs via the ESPN site and the draft capital details were not officially accepted on the forums???

If I'm understanding the scenario correctly it is easily avoided, ONLY the league commissioner or co-commishioner is allowed to move personnel from one roster to another, no trades between GMs through the ESPN site.

Edited by honolulu2786

11 hours ago, honolulu2786 said:

Checking in....

So the issue is that the trade was issued and accepted by the two GMs via the ESPN site and the draft capital details were not officially accepted on the forums???

If I'm understanding the scenario correctly it is easily avoided, ONLY the league commissioner or co-commishioner is allowed to move personnel from one roster to another, no trades between GMs through the ESPN site.

Which is part of my problem. This is a paperwork oversight. Is that how we want to run a league? It’s not like it slipped by unnoticed or someone objected to it. In order for the trade to go through on ESPN both owners had to agree to it and the commissioner had to approve it. I understand that the rule exists, but this is clearly an oversight and it’s not like we were trying to cheat the system or anything like that, CalLionsFan just didn’t reconfirm a slight modification to a trade that he already agreed to. It’s a technicality at best. 

Does anyone actually have a problem with the picks being included? No one had mentioned it until the draft order was posted six or seven months later, which is in itself a bit silly. If it was a problem even the commish couldn’t have asked for a confirmation? I imagine that this rule is in place to prevent foul play, but does anyone actually suspect us of that? It’s not like it was too confusing or anything like that - the commish clearly knew that the trade was taking place. It has to be approved in order for the players to be traded in the first place! It's not like the league has veto power or anyone would've been unaware of what was happening. 

If everyone thinks I need to lose the pick because Cal didn’t post again then whatever, I’m fine with it if that’s what everyone thinks. I just think there have been plenty of opportunities to fix this little oversight instead of waiting until now for me to get docked a pick. 

Edited by Lions017

12 hours ago, honolulu2786 said:

Checking in....

This was a trade that took place last year in Sept,  This is basically how it went down: 

Cal was trading players and draft picks, & Lions017 was trading players (one was a TE) and draft picks

The trade was listed and confirmed on the forum, the players were put on the ESPN site to be traded and waiting for my approval. One of the players was playing on a Thur night and Lions017 asked if I could push it though so he could use the player for that game.

Cal already had 3 TE on his roster and 4th TE put him over the limit for TE's so the ESPN site denied it, & I nixed the trade and told them they had to rework it.

They did, They change the players in the trade. Lions017 indicated the draft Pk's stayed the same but but Cal never confirmed it on the forum.

The new players were put on the ESPN site to trade & I pushed it though so Lions017 could use the player on Thur night (there was no problem trading players on the ESPN site as long as you meet the player limits)

At this point last year I really didn't know if the draft picks were included with the new package of players traded or not? (changing players in a trade can and often do change draft picks) Cal didn't confirm trading the draft pk's on the forum. Only Lions017 was indicating that the trade still included them?

On the forum I requested both Cal & Lions017 for a confirmation for the draft Pk's...I never got one.  ( I can't change draft picks w/o confirmations)

The trade for the players on the ESPN site was fine, as they both had to except trading them before I approved it.

18 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Hopefully @CalLionsFandoesn't mind including those. If not it's not very cool that someone can just kind of forget to post something in the forum and have in influence draft picks. I understand the rule, but since he had already agreed to a trade (and only had to modify it to make things fit) I think that it's a bit silly. We clearly agreed to the trade and put it through and no one objected. You also clearly didn't rescind the deal and adjust the points, which I take to mean that the trade was confirmed, correct?

I also agreed to the trade on here and he agreed to it on ESPN and through our conversations so it's a pretty **** deal if I am the one that loses a pick out of this, not him. I did my part, but I'm essentially being docked a pick because of someone else's oversight. That's messed up. 

bHukiBJ.png

That's the last conversation we had, other than that it was through the ESPN trade interface, which I don't think I can pull records from. 

Thanks Cal, I'll accept this as Confirmation to the traded draft Pk's, no need to re-post it.

I'll up-date the draft board later today.

Just a reminder to all:

All traded draft picks need confirmation on the forum as indicated in the rules.

Player trades on the ESPN site are fine.