Why are people sleeping on the RAIDERS this year?

VanS

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Gutting underwhelming players and filling the void with solid veterans. I don't see the big deal. Would you prefer we sign players that are worse but simply younger?

You're telling me there aren't any young receivers you can develop that can contribute as much as Brandon LaFell can right now?

9 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

You're telling me there aren't any young receivers you can develop that can contribute as much as Brandon LaFell can right now?

Roberts has been hot garbage as of last year. Holton was extremely inconsistent with his hands and fumbled a lot, despite being really fast. Hatcher, our UDFA is an unknown at this point. We haven't drafted receivers very often under Mckenzie. The only receiver we've taken in the top 4 rounds in all of Mckenzie's drafts is Cooper.

11 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

We have one in Hatcher. Lafell is just an option for the #3 spot. The corresponding move was to release Holton who's strictly a ST coverage player.

9 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

But it was really the only position of need.  If you dont think outside lb is the biggest need what is?

Um, I can promise you that Mack will absolutely not be the reason Chicago either does well or goes down the drain this year.  As with any other team in the NFL, the Bears will succeed or fail based upon the play of their starting QB, and if Mitch Trubisky has a bad year there won't be a thing Khalil Mack will do that can save their season.

Just now, megatechpc said:

Um, I can promise you that Mack will absolutely not be the reason Chicago either does well or goes down the drain this year.  As with any other team in the NFL, the Bears will succeed or fail based upon the play of their starting QB, and if Mitch Trubisky has a bad year there won't be a thing Khalil Mack will do that can save their season.

That's not what you said nor is it what I asked.  I asked what do you think  the Bears greatest position of need was (before Mack)?  Yes the Bears future depends on the development of MT10, no one, not the gm, not the coach, but the fans, will tell you any different.  You said that Mack wasn't the bears biggest position of need.  If OLB (by far the least proven position on the team) wasnt then what is?  We were looking at starting Sam Acho opposite Floyd this season.  

Well its not as if I follow the Bears very closely (or could even name more than a handful of their starters), but I would imagine that surrounding MT with high-talent weapons would be their number one priority.  As I said, their defense was already pretty good without Mack (and they had already brought in Roquan Smith who's going to be a beast), but the offense is the reason they aren't considered a true contender this year.  WR1??  TE??  RB??  

2 hours ago, megatechpc said:

Well its not as if I follow the Bears very closely (or could even name more than a handful of their starters), but I would imagine that surrounding MT with high-talent weapons would be their number one priority.  As I said, their defense was already pretty good without Mack (and they had already brought in Roquan Smith who's going to be a beast), but the offense is the reason they aren't considered a true contender this year.  WR1??  TE??  RB??  

WR1 - Allen Robinson. 

TE - Trey Burton from Philly.  Shaheen (2nd round pick from last year) would be involved but had an ankle injury but hit IR the other day.

RB - Jordan Howard?  Tarik Cohen?  Those are some pretty decent names there...

I don't think you are fully aware of the Bears roster.

Allen Roninson is not a WR1.  He had one good year.  In 2015.  

Austin Hooper had almost as many receptions and yards just last season as Trey Burton has had for his entire career!  

Howard and Cohen are decent but neither has really proven much yet.  Howard isnt much of a receiving threat and Cohen isnt much of a running threat.  But both are still really young so who knows how they do this year.

All I'm saying is Khalil Mack was not necessarily filling a major need for Chicago.  They got him because hes a great player and will bring fans to the games.  The offense is what the team better hope is improved this year if they want to stand a chance in that division.

10 minutes ago, megatechpc said:

Allen Roninson is not a WR1.  He had one good year.  In 2015.  

Austin Hooper had almost as many receptions and yards just last season as Trey Burton has had for his entire career!  

Howard and Cohen are decent but neither has really proven much yet.  Howard isnt much of a receiving threat and Cohen isnt much of a running threat.  But both are still really young so who knows how they do this year.

All I'm saying is Khalil Mack was not necessarily filling a major need for Chicago.  They got him because hes a great player and will bring fans to the games.  The offense is what the team better hope is improved this year if they want to stand a chance in that division.

I will agree to disagree on Robinson, but I think he'll be a good player for the Bears.  As I said, the goal was to do 2 TE sets between Burton and Shaheen, unfortunately Shaheen hit a setback.  Howard hit 2k rushing yards faster than any other bear in history, including Walter Payton, Gale Sayers, Matt Forte.  So I'll be happy to take that as a solid piece around Trubisky, even if he's not an amazing receiver, which Tarik Cohen is.  Rumor is that Howard has really worked on his hands this offseason, but we will see.  The offseason certainly has the pieces and to just dismiss them outright as you are is simply putting on a blindfold.

I'm not saying they dont have potential, but I would easily rank them as the 4th best offense in the NFCN and I doubt many would disagree.  Adding Mack will not change that.  But who knows, maybe Trubisky goes off this year?  That's the best part about this time of year is that everybody is 0-0 and everybody's team still has a chance to win it all.  Well, except for Dolphins fans lol.

35 minutes ago, megatechpc said:

I'm not saying they dont have potential, but I would easily rank them as the 4th best offense in the NFCN and I doubt many would disagree.  Adding Mack will not change that.  But who knows, maybe Trubisky goes off this year?  That's the best part about this time of year is that everybody is 0-0 and everybody's team still has a chance to win it all.  Well, except for Dolphins fans lol.

Not just 4th ranked offense in the NFCN but possibly the second worst offense in the NFC ahead of Arizona if the Giants are fully healthy and when Tampa Bay gets Winston back. 

• 1 month later...

Archived