Why are people sleeping on the RAIDERS this year?

VanS

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Please just remember not all of us feel that way about Joe Flacco. Carr's 15-16 seasons were better than any single season Joe Flacco has ever had. Now, if Carr continues to regress this year after a pretty lackluster 2017 season this conversation might be worth having, but we've clearly seen that Carr's ceiling in the regular season is much higher than Flacco's - and he did it two straight years.

Also, after Flacco's year last year and his YPA, it's amazing that Ravens fans would be in here trying to say he's better than anyone.

That's because you always watch Flacco in a vacuum. You tried to highlight some plays where you though he played bad, and simply missed a tackle being bullrushed into Flacco.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This thread screwed us. 

You have to see it in a positive light I guess. Gruden must have so much faith in Carr and the offense, that he doesn't see any reason to play defense.

Or something, I am still trying to wrap my head around that decision.

8 minutes ago, Danand said:

That's because you always watch Flacco in a vacuum. You tried to highlight some plays where you though he played bad, and simply missed a tackle being bullrushed into Flacco.

No matter how much you argue it, Flacco is not good and was not good last year. Like Derek Carr had a pretty bad season, and Flacco made his season look good by comparison.

8 minutes ago, Danand said:

You have to see it in a positive light I guess. Gruden must have so much faith in Carr and the offense, that he doesn't see any reason to play defense.

Or something, I am still trying to wrap my head around that decision.

No it means he doesn't think we are contenders and he wants to build the defensive roster. I mean, getting two firsts and a second, and a defensive player from Chicago is a solid haul. That's four 1sts and three 2nds over the next two years to build our defense. 

4 hours ago, Danand said:

Which is why he traded for McSharon. Nothing says "I have complete and total faith in my starter" than letting McSharon get paid as a backup.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Which is why he traded for McSharon. Nothing says "I have complete and total faith in my starter" than letting McSharon get paid as a backup.

And then they traded a 3rd round pick for a guy they cut before the season started. Really good roster management going on over there in Oakland/Vegas

Archived