Behold Da Bearz!

vike daddy

40 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I'll take all the help we can get. We're going to need it.

If Trubisky doesn't learn to properly slide this could be a problem for the Bears. If I recall the play it was not a feet first slide it was more sideways and I can't remember if Harry could've let up.

I hate that rule ssssoooo much.

Why should a defender let a QB get another yard or two because it's going down head first instead of feet first?

If the QB is going to run around the field, he should be treated like another player the second he gets out of the tackle box and/or over the LOS until he slides down FEET FIRST.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

NFL passing offenses have steadily improved for decades, making statistical comparisons between today’s quarterbacks and those of the past almost meaningless. In 2018, quarterbacks are playing at all-time high levels: The league average in passer rating, touchdown percentage and completion percentage are all the highest in NFL history.

But that changes when quarterbacks are playing against the Bears. Against Chicago, passing numbers have been set back 30 years.

The average passer rating of quarterbacks facing the Bears this year is 73.0. That’s by far the lowest in the league and well below the league average passer rating of 93.1, and to find a year when all quarterbacks played as badly as quarterbacks play this year against the Bears, you have to go back 30 years: 1988 was the last season when the league average passer rating was below the 73.0 rating the Bears are allowing this season.

The most impressive fact about the Bears’ defense is that they have 26 interceptions and have allowed 21 touchdown passes. The Bears are the only team in the league with more interceptions than touchdowns, a remarkable achievement when the league average touchdown-interception ratio is more than 2-to-1. The 31 other defenses in the NFL have given up an average of 23 touchdown passes while intercepting an average of 11 passes.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/22/bears-defense-setting-back-opposing-quarterbacks-by-30-years/

10 hours ago, vike daddy said:

The most impressive fact about the Bears’ defense is that they have 26 interceptions and have allowed 21 touchdown passes. The Bears are the only team in the league with more interceptions than touchdowns, a remarkable achievement when the league average touchdown-interception ratio is more than 2-to-1. The 31 other defenses in the NFL have given up an average of 23 touchdown passes while intercepting an average of 11 passes.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/22/bears-defense-setting-back-opposing-quarterbacks-by-30-years/

Playing way above their heads. We won't see the defense this good next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

We said the same thing. Its hard to judge a team on a year to year basis.

Your D did underachieve this year but I don't see the Bears D doing that. Vic Fangio is one of the best in the business. I knew once they made that hire they would be a problem.

Then they landed the best pass rusher in the league. They had a top 10 defense before Mack and with Mack they're a  top 5 defense.  I've watched the Bears a lot this season and every game I've watched the opposing QB's are under siege the entire game. They first shut down the run with Hicks and Goldman then they generate so much pressure they force QB'S into making costly mistakes and turnovers.

Mack took that defense to a whole new level, he's their Reggie White equivalent. I don't see them regressing especially with Fangio at DC.

Edited by St Vince

3 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Your D did underachieve this year but I don't see the Bears D doing that. Vic Fangio is one of the best in the business. I knew once they made that hire they would be a problem.

Then they landed the best pass rusher in the league. They had a top 10 defense before Mack and with Mack they're a  top 5 defense.  I've watched the Bears a lot this season and every game I've watched the opposing QB's are under siege the entire game. They first shut down the run with Hicks and Goldman then they generate so much pressure they force QB'S into making costly mistakes and turnovers.

Mack took that defense to a whole new level, he's their Reggie White equivalent. I don't see them regressing especially with Fangio at DC.

I don’t think it’s so much that. We all know they will be good. You don’t typically see a defense come back and preform at this high of a level in back to back seasons. 

I highly believe they will probably still be a top 5 defense, if not the top defense, but this years rate is insane. Just the INT numbers.

1 hour ago, ibt734 said:

Has he? He has 50 less rushing attempts this year. I don't think that's his fault. 

Its more than the number of carries..

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HowaJo00.htm

Anyways, I think the amount of defensive big plays a team has is unsustainable year to year. I would I expect the Bears to have less of that, but have a more efficient offense next season.