Behold Da Bearz!

vike daddy

Seriously though , it’s a bold move for the Bears. But this move should spark an investigation by the NFL into the cash flow of the Raiders, no different than their investigations in to prospective new owners. There are a lot of really smart NFL people on Twitter who have been saying for months that the reason Oakland hasn’t gotten a deal done with Mack is because they can’t afford the cash that would need to get put into escrow. It has nothing to do with the salary cap. If that’s the case, and the Raiders don’t have the cash to backup the cap, then they need to be removed and replaced as owners. 

• Like 2

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

How much do those first round picks get devalued since they are in the next 2 drafts? 

Not devalued at all... they’re still first round picks.

only thing that devalues them is the Bears will likely be picking in the mid to late teens if their defense plays as good as it is on paper. 

5 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Not devalued at all... they’re still first round picks.

only thing that devalues them is the Bears will likely be picking in the mid to late teens if their defense plays as good as it is on paper. 

The Packers will likely be drafting a little later, but you don't think they'd rather have those 2 first rounders than 1 next year than in 2020?

32 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

On a scale of 1-10 how devastated are you?

Devastated? 0. Can't be mad about something you never had. I trust Gutenkunst. It's not just about this year. Getting Mack would've cost us two 1sts, HaHa Clinton Dix, Clay Matthews, Randall Cobb and possibly Kenny Clark. I'm guessing that's why Green Bay backed down.

15 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

Devastated? 0. Can't be mad about something you never had. I trust Gutenkunst. It's not just about this year. Getting Mack would've cost us two 1sts, HaHa Clinton Dix, Clay Matthews, Randall Cobb and possibly Kenny Clark. I'm guessing that's why Green Bay backed down.

This move never seemed like something the Packers would do. Too great of a cost.