Behold Da Bearz!

vike daddy

37 minutes ago, dafreak said:

In other words, it'll likely be outdoors, but it doesn't appear to have substance as to what the actual stadium will look like...although they have inspirations on what the rest of the "neighborhood" will look like, without any actual substance there either.  Very preliminary...

At my last job, I went to the Northwest suburbs where that is intended, but my current job takes me to the Naperville area twice a year.  

15 minutes ago, swede700 said:

In other words, it'll likely be outdoors, but it doesn't appear to have substance as to what the actual stadium will look like...although they have inspirations on what the rest of the "neighborhood" will look like, without any actual substance there either.  Very preliminary...

At my last job, I went to the Northwest suburbs where that is intended, but my current job takes me to the Naperville area twice a year.  

Plans are for a dome with no retractable roof...

• Like 2

Just now, SemperFeist said:

A dome in Chicago would be strange to get used to. But if a team is asking for taxpayer funds, I don’t know why a city would even consider any plans with an open air concept. 

It happened in Denver...and they've talked about the "rolling roof" concept here for years in KC, but never has come to fruition.  I liken it to the mall situation now...the "indoor" mall is going the way of the dodo, and they're building more and more outdoor malls, at least here in KC.  I just think they'd be making a mistake of building a dome...especially without any retractable aspect.  

36 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It happened in Denver...and they've talked about the "rolling roof" concept here for years in KC, but never has come to fruition.  I liken it to the mall situation now...the "indoor" mall is going the way of the dodo, and they're building more and more outdoor malls, at least here in KC.  I just think they'd be making a mistake of building a dome...especially without any retractable aspect.  

A non-dome stadium could only be used 6-8 months out of the year. A retractable roof does not make financial sense. Personally, I would like to see glass panels on the sides of the stadium that could be opened over a retractable roof. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dafreak said:

A non-dome stadium could only be used 6-8 months out of the year. A retractable roof does not make financial sense. Personally, I would like to see glass panels on the sides of the stadium that could be opened over a retractable roof. 

Well, that would be a retractable aspect of the stadium (at least how I consider it) and I imagine would be acceptable to most people.  But having a fully enclosed stadium with no ability to open up anything, windows or doors or something would be disappointing.  They'd probably have an ETFE roof so it would let in the outside light, ala US Bank, but, I imagine people would still want to have the opportunity to let in some outside breeze during the nice days.  

Even so, moving to an indoor stadium would mean we'd never get to see something like this again:

30 years after 'Fog Bowl' matchup, Eagles return to Chicago

The Bears are releasing defensive end Al-Quadin Muhammad, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports. Muhammad will become a free agent when the Bears make it official. He was not on the NFL’s personnel notice for Friday. His release will clear $3.964 million in cap space, with only $500,000 in dead money.

The Saints made Muhammad a sixth-round choice in 2017, and he played four games as a rookie. He joined the Colts in 2018 and found a home, seeing action in 65 games with 25 starts over four seasons.

The Bears signed Muhammad a two-year, $10 million contract with the Bears in the offseason, but he made only 29 tackles, a sack and a forced fumble in 16 games. He played 608 defensive snaps and 42 on special teams.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/02/17/bears-are-releasing-al-quadin-muhammad/

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Not exactly a ringing endorsement for Fields. 

True, but he didn't draft him.  I understand him wanting to play poker-face, but if he's your franchise QB, you need to actually sound like it.  In the end, I think I'm glad I was wrong about wanting Poles as the GM, because I'm starting to dislike him more every time I see him speak, as he gives me no confidence that he actually knows what he's doing.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2