Behold Da Bearz!

vike daddy

For old-school fans, **** Butkus turns 80 today.  Those of us a little younger that didn't watch him play (outside of NFL Films productions) really only may know him from The Longest Yard and Miller Lite commercials.  🤣  The first dominant Bears middle linebacker in the string from him to Urlacher.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

For old-school fans, **** Butkus turns 80 today.  Those of us a little younger that didn't watch him play (outside of NFL Films productions) really only may know him from The Longest Yard and Miller Lite commercials.  🤣  The first dominant Bears middle linebacker in the string from him to Urlacher.

Butkus was everything you've heard about and more!  He would be just as dominant if he played today.

• 2 weeks later...

Justin Fields was sacked on six of his 27 dropbacks and has a 14.4% sack rate this season, the highest by any qualified QB in the Next Gen Stats era.

Fields has reached 70-plus rushing yards in five straight games. That's the longest streak by any QB since at least 1950.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-season-week-15-what-we-learned-from-sunday-s-games

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, perrynoid said:

Can we conclude that the bulk of the Bears troubles are coaching-related and not managerial?  Not enough data points?

It’s far more a managerial issue than a coaching issue. The Bears gutted their roster. They just don’t have talent to coach. 

But that’s what Poles wanted. His legacy will be entirely based on how well, or even if, he can build the team up from scratch. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

They had to make room on their roster for Ihmir Smith-Marsette.  He has been a fine fringe roster player for them doing things like fumbling the ball in key situations.

i don't think he's even played a snap for KC yet.

i  looked at his stats on NFL.com and in three seasons he has 6 receptions. but two did go for td's at least.

I’d like to see what happens with a full offseason under McCardell before changing positions. Spending time with JJ, AT, and McCardell could/should help him route running, which is his biggest issue, IMO. He’s good on broken plays or being creative in real time. He’s just not dependable when it comes to staying on script.

6 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Texans finish 1-1 and the Bears 0-2 the Bears would land the #1 pick. I have a feeling they'll trade whatever pick they end up with to a team looking to move up for a QB.

They certainly could, but they couldn't go wrong holding onto it and taking the best defensive player on the board.  Because I don't think they'd want to trade down too far and lose a guy like Will Anderson or Jalen Carter.  I think they can get WRs later and they need significant talent infusion on that defense.