Behold Da Bearz!

vike daddy

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

What does he really do best?  He certainly can run, but he can't rely on that to be successful over the long term.  As far as passing the ball, what does he do best?

I think, and I could be wrong, that there's a bit of sarcasm there. As in: "he's doing just fine...leave him be (wink wink)."

On 6/13/2023 at 9:18 AM, swede700 said:

What does he really do best?  He certainly can run, but he can't rely on that to be successful over the long term.  As far as passing the ball, what does he do best?

He's best at running the ball. You take that away from him, and he wouldn't even make anyone's 53 man roster.

3 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

He's best at running the ball. You take that away from him, and he wouldn't even make anyone's 53 man roster.

If that's the case, then he's already doomed.  I hope he turns into something (doesn't have to be HoFer or anything, just competent)...at least to make Spielman look a little bit better, because after failing to trade up to get Manziel (and getting Teddy instead), he also failed to trade up for Fields too.  Which would mean that Spielman is probably the worst GM in Vikings history at identifying QB talent, because when you add them to the following QBs actually drafted by Spielman:

2007 - Tyler Thigpen

2008 - John David Booty

2010 - Joe Webb

2011 - Christian Ponder

2020 - Nate Stanley

2021 - Kellen Mond

I don't possibly know how anyone could have done a poorer job.  Even Denny lucked into Daunte and Brad Johnson. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, swede700 said:

If that's the case, then he's already doomed.  I hope he turns into something (doesn't have to be HoFer or anything, just competent)...at least to make Spielman look a little bit better, because after failing to trade up to get Manziel (and getting Teddy instead), he also failed to trade up for Fields too.  Which would mean that Spielman is probably the worst GM in Vikings history at identifying QB talent, because when you add them to the following QBs actually drafted by Spielman:

2007 - Tyler Thigpen

2008 - John David Booty

2010 - Joe Webb

2011 - Christian Ponder

2020 - Nate Stanley

2021 - Kellen Mond

I don't possibly know how anyone could have done a poorer job.  Even Denny lucked into Daunte and Brad Johnson. 

Teddy in 2014. He was the only competent one though.

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

after failing to trade up to get Manziel (and getting Teddy instead) 

i'm not sure Spielman was trading up for Manziel... more like leaking that he was so to push the Browns to draft him. he did enjoy trolling/manipulating the Browns' draft decisions.

but yes, your larger point is valid.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

The Bears gave up, as a practical matter, a first-round pick to get receiver Chase Claypool. They reportedly aren’t getting what they bargained for.

Marc Silverman of ESPN recently explained that the Bears are not happy with Claypool:

“All I can tell you is it isn’t trending in a way that the Bears have wanted it to trend in this offseason. I have heard from a few people inside that building that he is not somebody who is very self-motivated. There’s a long way to go. Chase Claypool can change the narrative.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/06/16/report-bears-are-unhappy-with-chase-claypool/

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...