Behold Da Bearz!

vike daddy

12 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I just think you lose something, but then again, I'm also more old-school than some others...because I miss the more physical style of hockey as well.  😂  Of course, I haven't lived in a hockey market since that existed either (I lived in Seattle way before they got a hockey team when they still had the Sonics with the Glove, Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis, and have now lived in the KC area for nearly 20 yrs)

Definitely.

Most fun I have had as a player in high school was in a crazy ice storm in about 4 inches of mud.  Watching games in snow or funky weather adds a lot of enjoyment.

Attending them kinda sucks unless it is playoffs or something and much is on line.

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

Definitely.

Most fun I have had as a player in high school was in a crazy ice storm in about 4 inches of mud.  Watching games in snow or funky weather adds a lot of enjoyment.

Attending them kinda sucks unless it is playoffs or something and much is on line.

I was at the Vikings-Bears game at Soldier Field last year...weather wasn't an excuse for that atrocity of a game. 🤣

19 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I was at the Vikings-Bears game at Soldier Field last year...weather wasn't an excuse for that atrocity of a game. 🤣

Your DC owned Fields.

Exact way to play him.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The latest plan, which will be unveiled on Wednesday, is for the Bears to remain in Chicago rather than leaving for the suburbs, with a new domed stadium along Chicago’s lakefront. A statement released by the Bears today indicates that city officials are on board and will participate in Wednesday’s announcement.

“The Chicago Bears, in collaboration with city officials and stakeholders, will host a press conference on Wednesday, April 24, to announce their plans for a state-of-the-art, publicly owned enclosed stadium, along with additional green and open space with access to the lakefront for families and fans, on the Museum Campus,” the statement said.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/bears-will-unveil-plan-for-new-stadium-in-chicago

19 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

The latest plan, which will be unveiled on Wednesday, is for the Bears to remain in Chicago rather than leaving for the suburbs, with a new domed stadium along Chicago’s lakefront. 

I know they will get some corporation to donate and get naming rights...but really, it needs to be called the Bear Den!!

13 hours ago, Captain Relax said:

I know they will get some corporation to donate and get naming rights...but really, it needs to be called the Bear Den!!

It should be the **** Butkus/Walter Payton Field at the Hyatt Dome.    

Edited by swede700

12 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

I do wonder how good Chicago becomes with Caleb Williams

If I'm a Bears fan, my concern is the potential revolving door at OC they could have if Williams hits. Does the potential magic continue with different OCs?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

If I'm a Bears fan, my concern is the potential revolving door at OC they could have if Williams hits. Does the potential magic continue with different OCs?

If he's a QB worth where he's being taken, he'll be able to overcome it, if it happens.  Mahomes has had some stability really only having 2 OCs in his time.  Josh Allen is now going on to his 3rd with Joe Brady, so we'll see where he goes.  And the perfect example right now is Justin Herbert.  He's going into his 5th yr and this will already be his 4th different OC.  He's managed to overcome it for the most part.  

• Like 1

The Bears say taxpayers paying for a significant portion of their proposed new stadium would benefit the state of Illinois. The Illinois governor’s office isn’t buying it.

Top aides to Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker met with Bears officials on Wednesday, and afterward the governor’s office released a statement saying it does not support the Bears’ proposal.

“As the Governor has said, the current proposal is a non-starter for the state,” press secretary Alex Gough said in a statement after the meeting. “In order to subsidize a brand new stadium for a privately owned sports team, the Governor would need to see a demonstrable and tangible benefit to the taxpayers of Illinois. The Governor’s office remains open to conversations with the Bears, lawmakers, and other stakeholders with the understanding that responsible fiscal stewardship of tax-payer dollars remains the foremost priority.”

The Bears want about $2.3 billion in taxpayer money for their proposed stadium project, which would include building the stadium itself and major renovations to infrastructure surrounding the stadium. The mayor of Chicago supports the proposal, but without the governor’s support the Bears face a very uphill climb to get it done.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/illinois-governors-office-meets-with-bears-calls-their-stadium-proposal-a-non-starter

• Like 1