What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

24 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I mean they usually ask for my name and address so they can send a check. I'll still not quite sure what they can get from that unless they plan to come Rob me.

One time I tried getting someone's address and they were getting pretty annoyed

I believe the way it works is they tell you that you have to pay a certain amount to get the money free and clear so it can be transferred to you. They get gullible people who think all they need to do is pay the $800 for the fees and boom, some stranger will send them a fortune.

I think it’s really that simple which tells me that people are really that dumb. 

Edited by Dome

3 minutes ago, Dome said:

I believe the way it works is they tell you that you have to pay a certain amount to get the money free and clear so it can be transferred to you. They get gullible people who think all they need to do is pay the $800 for the fees and boom, some stranger will send them a fortune.

I think it’s really that simple which tells me that people are really that dumb. 

This might be a little different.  They say they will send the check once they get my address which is only 1600. Unless they ask for fees after that or will want to direct deposit or something

27 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

This might be a little different.  They say they will send the check once they get my address which is only 1600. Unless they ask for fees after that or will want to direct deposit or something

Yeah they’re not gonna ask up front. They want you to have the check in your hand first. Gotta get you really close to the cash before they fill you in completely. 

This is how the scheme was explained to me anyways 

Edited by Dome

1 minute ago, Dome said:

Yeah they’re not gonna ask up front. They want you to have the check in your hand first. Gotta get you really close to the cash before they fill you in completely. 

This is how the scheme was explained to me anyways 

That makes sense

16 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Best way to respond to a Craigslist spammer?

And go

I preferred to start sending pictures to them. The more obscene the better. 

It should be bad enough you wouldn't want anyone to see your search history. (I know about private browsing ,etc but just making a point). 

If they want an address then the police station is a great one to give, give them the sherriffs name. Fun times await. 

• Like 1