What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

On 20/04/2019 at 3:16 AM, D82 said:

Idk...my niece is turning 8 and my nephew will be 6. I think they're all the younglings I can handle at the moment.

Funnily enough, you tend to love your own offspring whilst barely tolerating any other human children.

On 20/04/2019 at 3:19 PM, D82 said:

I've got a dog...they don't talk back (most of the time) don't demand money (though I tend to spend a lot on them anyway), and don't cry over stupid crap. 

My dog has been whining for 24 hours because he lost his favourite tennis ball.

I gave him another one but apparently that's not good enough for the stupid ****.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

Funnily enough, you tend to love your own offspring whilst barely tolerating any other human children.

I coach my kids' teams. Football, basketball, softball, and I'm assisting with my son's traveling baseball team. The kids take a while to adjust to me being more strict with them, but with enough positive reinforcement they perk right up.

Its the parents I get tired of. Everyone thinks their kid is the next Brady/Barry Sanders, Trout/Griffey Jr, MJ, etc. Its exhausting.

• Like 2

Just now, Sugashane said:

I coach my kids' teams. Football, basketball, softball, and I'm assisting with my son's traveling baseball team. The kids take a while to adjust to me being more strict with them, but with enough positive reinforcement they perk right up.

Its the parents I get tired of. Everyone thinks their kid is the next Brady/Barry Sanders, Trout/Griffey Jr, MJ, etc. Its exhausting.

I can understand that.

Most parents see their own children as special. 

I once saw a dad punch a guy in a wheelchair over a game of under 10s soccer.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

I can understand that.

Holy crap. That beats my "crazy" story by a mile. Lol

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Do you ever have to deal with the parents whose kids are actually a special talent?

We had a kid who was way ahead of the others physically, we could win games handily even handicapping ourselves and putting him in places where he wouldn’t take over the game. 

His dad wanted him at RB or QB cause he could bust off a big gain almost every play. We usually only played him at RB for the first series, maybe the second if they somehow stopped him. Then we’d move him to TE, WR and OT.  On defense we played him at DE and if it simply wasn’t fair to the other offense we’d just pull him, cause little kids get demoralized fast when they’re getting knocked down by the same kid every friggin play lol 

His dad was CONSTANTLY in my ear about how I’m not playing him enough and we could be winning by 50. I probably explained to him that we don’t need to win by 50 at least 10 times a game and that it’ll probably be more fun for all the kids if it’s not a one man show. 

Winning games and watching his son be the best athlete on the field wasn’t enough, he needed him touching the ball every play. Kid was awesome about it, he loved blocking just as much as running the ball. 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What did the SOB in the wheelchair do to anger that poor fella?

I was playing in goal and the lad at right back, Kev D, was rubbish but his dad thought he was great.

Wheelchair guys son was very good and Kev D's dad screamed at his boy to kick him as hard as he could the next chance he got.

Wheelchair didn't like that and then got a punch in the face when he voiced his opinion.

2 hours ago, Mega Ron said:

I was playing in goal and the lad at right back, Kev D, was rubbish but his dad thought he was great.

Wheelchair guys son was very good and Kev D's dad screamed at his boy to kick him as hard as he could the next chance he got.

Wheelchair didn't like that and then got a punch in the face when he voiced his opinion.

Lol soccer hooligans.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mega Ron said:

I can understand that.

When my brother was 7, his rocket football team was facing another team and their crowds were filled heavily with white trash people and things started getting heated up to the point that our coach and their coach fought at mid field, the other coach then threatened to get his gun from his car and then the cops were called and it was all terribly entertaining and awkward. Thanks for reminding me of it

7 hours ago, Dome said:

Do you ever have to deal with the parents whose kids are actually a special talent?

We had a kid who was way ahead of the others physically, we could win games handily even handicapping ourselves and putting him in places where he wouldn’t take over the game. 

His dad wanted him at RB or QB cause he could bust off a big gain almost every play. We usually only played him at RB for the first series, maybe the second if they somehow stopped him. Then we’d move him to TE, WR and OT.  On defense we played him at DE and if it simply wasn’t fair to the other offense we’d just pull him, cause little kids get demoralized fast when they’re getting knocked down by the same kid every friggin play lol 

His dad was CONSTANTLY in my ear about how I’m not playing him enough and we could be winning by 50. I probably explained to him that we don’t need to win by 50 at least 10 times a game and that it’ll probably be more fun for all the kids if it’s not a one man show. 

Winning games and watching his son be the best athlete on the field wasn’t enough, he needed him touching the ball every play. Kid was awesome about it, he loved blocking just as much as running the ball. 

We have a pretty dominant football team, so there are some real talents. One kid I swear will be a D-1 QB somewhere of he takes it serious. Not saying he is pro potential, but the kid will be able to get a full ride somewhere if he works hard. He just is a natural and built for the spot, my son is a damn good RB, and we have a smattering of other kids other will play up at least one year as soon as it is allowed. Some of the parents want their kids to be the star like you're saying, but no one says anything to me. 

I tell the the parents it is my team, not theirs, it's the coaches' and the kids'. We are the ones doing the work for free, so im not paid enough to be nice of I'm treated poorly, from the parents or the kids. And i will bench anyone I want for whatever reason I want. Granted, effort is really the only time someone actually gets benched. And that has only happened a few times. 

I've handed the reins to one parent who was a pain in the *** during a practice my first year, told the assistant coaches he was the one running the show today and I went to sit on the sidelines and watch. He was so lost with almost 20 kids he apologized and asked me to take the practice back over. Guy didn't last 30 minutes before he was just frustrated and losing it  lol

After that the parents were happy to ask questions (I encourage it, i prefer they are involved in some way) but not get critical and stupid with what they say. Had a rough start since I'm hard on the kids but the parent bought in after a few wins and when they see everyone gets a lot of reps. Sometimes the back ups get more reps than the starters if we are really handling a team. I'm not there to humiliate the other team, though some dbag coaches love to. 

Ok, end of rant. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I've handed the reins to one parent who was a pain in the *** during a practice my first year, told the assistant coaches he was the one running the show today and I went to sit on the sidelines and watch. He was so lost with almost 20 kids he apologized and asked me to take the practice back over. Guy didn't last 30 minutes before he was just frustrated and losing it  lol

The mother of the QB and leader of our team pulled the HC aside and told him he yelled to much. He explained he never yells AT the kids,  but to them (lol yeah right). He explained that’s how it goes in most every sport; but that wasn’t good enough so she took it up with the principal

the next practice Dustin told me “we’re not yelling today, showing (Our QB)’s mom how effective that is.”

Kids screwed off all practice with nobody there to guide (yell at) them. After practice we had our big huddle and he asked (loud enough for the mom to hear) “does everyone feel good about what they got done today? Are you a better football player? You feel prepared for the game tomorrow?” And all the kids just looked down in shame, especially the QB.

went back to yelling after that, momma bear didn’t say a word the rest of the year

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1