What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

No car payment and you still have some cash left over? All of the footballs dude.

The average American takes out $30k in debt to buy a car. They might be nicer than yours, but they don't own them.

Well if we ignore my terrible credit score from my medical history :lol:, I still wouldn’t ever want to take out a loan on a car, something that instantly loses value and continues to lose value until you decide you don’t want it anymore. I’m gonna drive used cars my whole life. At least til that pesky powerball rolls my way. 

• Like 2

Just now, Tyty said:

Well if we ignore my terrible credit score from my medical history :lol:, I still wouldn’t ever want to take out a loan on a car, something that instantly loses value and continues to lose value until you decide you don’t want it anymore. I’m gonna drive used cars my whole life. At least til that pesky powerball rolls my way. 

Your credit score doesn't matter at all unless you want to buy a house. If you do, get a small credit card, use it for Netflix or whatever recurring bill you have, pay it off every month and that's it to build history.

Otherwise, it does not matter at all. Take the compliment man. If you have savings and no car payment, you're ahead of a lot of Americans.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Your credit score doesn't matter at all unless you want to buy a house. If you do, get a small credit card, use it for Netflix or whatever recurring bill you have, pay it off every month and that's it to build history.

Otherwise, it does not matter at all. Take the compliment man. If you have savings and no car payment, you're ahead of a lot of Americans.

It matters a lot. People with lower credit scores pay more for just about everything.

Just now, D82 said:

It matters a lot. People with lower credit scores pay more for just about everything.

Only if he:

*Wants to buy a house

*Wants to buy a car

*Wants to open up a credit card and stupidly doesn't pay it off every month, racking up a lot of debt/raising his interest rate

*Wants to purchase something else he has to finance

He's not paying more day to day than anyone else.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Only if he:

*Wants to buy a house

*Wants to buy a car

*Wants to open up a credit card and stupidly doesn't pay it off every month, racking up a lot of debt/raising his interest rate

*Wants to purchase something else he has to finance

He's not paying more day to day than anyone else.

Or if he has any debt.

The idea that credit scores matter is predicated on needing to finance things to live on. @Tyty is crushing it by getting out of that cycle. I won't want to say credit scores don't matter, unfortunately for a lot of/most Americans, they really do. Tyty just isn't one of those Americans.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Or if he has any debt.

The idea that credit scores matter is predicated on needing to finance things to live on. @Tyty is crushing it by getting out of that cycle. I won't want to say credit scores don't matter, unfortunately for a lot of/most Americans, they really do. Tyty just isn't one of those Americans.

So if I’m seeking to destroy the wheel, does that mean I’m about to get stabbed by the person I love the most?

31 minutes ago, Tyty said:

So if I’m seeking to destroy the wheel, does that mean I’m about to get stabbed by the person I love the most?

Your son could shoot you with a crossbow while you're on the can.

2 hours ago, Tyty said:

Just bought a 2009 Dodge Avenger yesterday. Nicest car I’ve ever had (although it pales compared to every single one of y’alls cars probably). My savings went from $5300 to $700 so I’m kinda stressed but happy about having a car

Nice. I've always liked the look of them. It's like a broke *** Charger, but it gets a **** ton of points for being a try hard.

No car payment is great. You'll get that savings back in no time. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tyty said:

I look for 1 owner cars on craigslist when I'm car shopping. Pretty easy to tell on first inspection what kind of an owner they were, they either have no maintenance records or all of them.

Never bought a bad car this way. 

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Or if he has any debt.

Not yet anyway, but he likely will be.

Good credit is important and not a quick thing to fix/build.  Every adult should be trying to build and maintain a solid credit score.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not yet anyway, but he likely will be.

Good credit is important and not a quick thing to fix/build.  Every adult should be trying to build and maintain a solid credit score.

I think we're in agreement here. Good credit is something that isn't important for tyty now, but may be down the road, and it would be easy for him to start building that history.

• Like 1