What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

29 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Can anyone explain to me the appeal of a strip club?  

8 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

No. They're universally horrific.

Pretty much this.

The best explanation I’ve heard of their appeal was by a buddy who loves them.  He said “you like going to a bar, drinking a beer and watching sports.  I like watching naked women dance.”

It wasn’t the worst answer tbh, but it’s not my thing.

41 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Can anyone explain to me the appeal of a strip club?  I mean, before the internet there's maybe something to be said for it, but now...I just don't get the appeal of paying a lot of money for a **** tease in the skeeviest of skeevy locations.  Especially considering what the strippers I've represented in court typically look like.

They look a lot different under bad lighting and with a ton of make-up.

I used to like going once in a while, but that was at least a decade ago, maybe longer. (It was 52k dial up back then, too - so it isn't like I had options).

I don’t know why anyone would get married.  It’s like, “Neither of us probably loves each other, but we don’t hate each other yet so that must be a good sign, so let’s literally flip a coin or act like we’re somehow above the 50% success rate of marriage, and we will basically sign a thing that says if we change our mind, or if even you change your mind and I don’t, you can have half my stuff.”

The only way I would literally ever get married is if she had more money than I did and still signed a prenup that said under no circumstances whatsoever would she get my dogs or anything of mine that I want.  

That’s not an indictment against a relationship, just the marriage aspect of it. Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell have been together for like 30 years and that’s probably a top 5 happy relationship in Hollywood and I just don’t see the appeal to marriage.

19 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I don’t know why anyone would get married.

Dude.  Spousal benefits.  I have insurance for the first time since I was 26.  It's great.

Also you can file your taxes jointly.

And if they die, you'll get money for it instead of just being a sad "life partner."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Dude.  Spousal benefits.  I have insurance for the first time since I was 26.  It's great.

Also you can file your taxes jointly.

And if they die, you'll get money for it instead of just being a sad "life partner."

Also if you want kids, you're tied to that person anyway and the legal benefits go a long, long way to making life easier.

As someone who doesn't want to get married, even I recognize not getting married only makes sense in a niche scenario.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Also if you want kids, you're tied to that person anyway and the legal benefits go a long, long way to making life easier.

As someone who doesn't want to get married, even I recognize not getting married only makes sense in a niche scenario.

Neither me nor my fiance care about marriage as an institution.  Neither of us are really religious, so that doesn't matter, and we've been living together in a long term relationship for two years.  Marriage will change nothing in our relationship other than the cost of ending it (which will be just as big an issue if we weren't married anyway) and what we call each other.  But dem benefits, man.

Also, there's the societal benefits.  People expect you to get married.  If you're a professional, it makes you seem more so.  In most lines of work, you don't want to be an odd one out really, and being a bachelor too late into life brings that to a degree still.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Neither me nor my fiance care about marriage as an institution.  Neither of us are really religious, so that doesn't matter, and we've been living together in a long term relationship for two years.  Marriage will change nothing in our relationship other than the cost of ending it (which will be just as big an issue if we weren't married anyway) and what we call each other.  But dem benefits, man.

Also, there's the societal benefits.  People expect you to get married.  If you're a professional, it makes you seem more so.  In most lines of work, you don't want to be an odd one out really, and being a bachelor too late into life brings that to a degree still.

100% agreed. 

"No one should ever get married" is an excellent premise for a stand up bit. It is not good life advice.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

A weekend with her and a fellow friend in Boca Raton. Mostly we stayed in if we didn't drink on the beach.

I have a suspicion that you're leaving out some critical details...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

No. They're universally horrific.

I've heard this as well. A couple girls I went to high school with that were really sheltered in HS (They were preacher's daughters LOL) became them and actually posted it as their job on FB. Nasty as hell looking.

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Nailed it...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:
5 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

A weekend with her and a fellow friend in Boca Raton. Mostly we stayed in if we didn't drink on the beach.

I have a suspicion that you're leaving out some critical details...

Just because she hung out with the friend all weekend in the room and I went for long walks on the beach doesn't mean anything ET!!!

• Like 2