What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 minute ago, theJ said:

Yeah, see above. 

I kind of knew this was coming about a week ago. Just didn't want to think about it until it was a reality. It's here. 

Ah ok.  I’m hella lazy so I probably won’t go back now that I have my answer though.  

Glad you’re good.

Just now, K9 said:

4 minutes ago, theJ said:

My job is secure. But I'll be doing some of the layoffs. First time for me. Not looking forward to it. Really like everyone on my team. 

Good you're job is safe but that sounds gut wrenching rough!!! I hope it goes as well as it can... try to not think about it over the wknd   ??

Just now, K9 said:

Good you're job is safe but that sounds gut wrenching rough!!! I hope it goes as well as it can... try to not think about it over the wknd   ??

It's going to be hard to not think about it. Tomorrow we decide who it's going to be. But it won't actually happen until next week sometime. 

Add to the fact that everyone is remote right now, it's going to be super awkward and difficult. 

36 minutes ago, theJ said:

Tomorrow we decide who it's going to be.

First off, my sympathies, that's not easy.
2nd  - is there any way possible that you can keep 2 of them on at half pay instead of 1 stays, 1 goes ? 
I'm guessing some/many would agree to that in the current environment -  at least on a temporary basis until things turn around.

I know in some cases it just can't work, but I wondered if this option is ever contemplated by management

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

First off, my sympathies, that's not easy.
2nd  - is there any way possible that you can keep 2 of them on at half pay instead of 1 stays, 1 goes ? 
I'm guessing some/many would agree to that in the current environment -  at least on a temporary basis until things turn around.

I know in some cases it just can't work, but I wondered if this option is ever contemplated by management

Yeah we've talked about several options like this, and upper management shot them all down. I don't know why. 

I think my manager is going to offer his head for the chopping block, which is going to be interesting. 1) because I don't think upper management will agree with it and that will start some sort of struggle, and 2) because it would leave me completely in charge. 

That would save someone else though. 

• Like 1