What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Notice how the people that actually keep this country going (Farmers, Truck Drivers, First Responders, Nurses, Doctors, Restaurant Servers, Garbage Men, Grocery Store Clerks, ect)  are the ones we need. As important as celebrities and athletes think they are we don't need them at all. Life would go on without their stupidity on social media or their rants on twitter or at award shows.

1 minute ago, TENINCH said:

Notice how the people that actually keep this country going (Farmers, Truck Drivers, First Responders, Nurses, Doctors, Restaurant Servers, Garbage Men, Grocery Store Clerks, ect)  are the ones we need. As important as celebrities and athletes think they are we don't need them at all. Life would go on without their stupidity on social media or their rants on twitter or at award shows.

I don't know man, if people had to sit and evaluate their own existence rather than being constantly distracted by celebrities, social media and ads, they'd probably revolt or suicide.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I don't know man, if people had to sit and evaluate their own existence rather than being constantly distracted by celebrities, social media and ads, they'd probably revolt or suicide.

Nah we survived before Hollywood and professional sports existed. After a few bridge jumpers left us I think we'd all survive. We'd be ok and we'd all work better on taking care of each other.

Working from home the last several days my wife has had very little to do. She’s realizing how little she actually did at work and is wondering why she hasn’t always worked at home.

She starts working at home before her office even would be open, and her work is done before her lunch break without the distractions of coworkers and bosses checking in all the time.

Im thinking a lot of people are having this realization.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dome said:

Working from home the last several days my wife has had very little to do. She’s realizing how little she actually did at work and is wondering why she hasn’t always worked at home.

She starts working at home before her office even would be open, and her work is done before her lunch break without the distractions of coworkers and bosses checking in all the time.

Im thinking a lot of people are having this realization.

A lot of people probably realizing the job their employer said couldn’t be done from, can in fact be done from home.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

A lot of people probably realizing the job their employer said couldn’t be done from, can in fact be done from home.

And afternooners are making a comeback 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

indeed
And one potential result could be a crash in the commercial office space market as companies realize how much money they are wasting on rent/leases
Before this even happened I went to one of our 34 offices and it was absolutely gorgeous - but very few people were there.
Mainly because of the commute and because it was cubicle-world...home is a better option for many

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

indeed
And one potential result could be a crash in the commercial office space market as companies realize how much money they are wasting on rent/leases
Before this even happened I went to one of our 34 offices and it was absolutely gorgeous - but very few people were there.
Mainly because of the commute and because it was cubicle-world...home is a better option for many

It’s been unnecessary for a long time, not sure why some companies still insist on it.

Your work is easily monitored virtually.

2 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Nah we survived before Hollywood and professional sports existed. After a few bridge jumpers left us I think we'd all survive. We'd be ok and we'd all work better on taking care of each other.

You do understand celebrity and sports existed throughout history right?

Franz Liszt had groupies, crooning female fans, and stalkers.

There where graffiti "twitter wars" in Rome about the fidelity of Casers wife.

Justinian almost fled Constantinople due to riots stemming from chariot racing rivalries.  

There were "gossip columns" printed throughout 17th and 18th century France and England about the going-ons of royals and lords.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think managers are attempting to intentionally scale back productivity for us while we're all working from home to make it look like working in the office is better. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Entertainment(theater & sports) has been intrinsic in our society for literally thousands of years. People have always flocked towards something to take their mind away from their existence. Watching the best of the best in sports, theater, art, etc is vital to our growth & overall happiness.

• Like 2