What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

On 3/5/2020 at 1:59 PM, Fl0nkerton said:

Got a call back from a job I interviewed for & they want me to meet the VP of the department.

Don't want to assume anything, but does this mean I'm on the 1 yard line?

Update: They're going to offer me by the end of this week or next Monday.

COVID really slowed the whole process and left me updating my e-mail and checking my phone incessantly lol

• Like 4

3 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

Sitting here waiting on the university to come to a decision to make all classes a work from home kind of deal. So I guess no more PChem labs. Which I'm fine with since propagation of error sucks.

Correct.

14 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Update: They're going to offer me by the end of this week or next Monday.

COVID really slowed the whole process and left me updating my e-mail and checking my phone incessantly lol

Congrats dude. In a weird way COVID probably gives you leverage in salary talks since they aren't going to be able to interview anyone for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Correct.

Congrats dude. In a weird way COVID probably gives you leverage in salary talks since they aren't going to be able to interview anyone for the foreseeable future.

Yeah I was hit up by a recruiter for a lab supervisor position in Oklahoma and I couldn't apply due to school. The guy said this virus may slow everything down, so I might be able to apply if they don't find anyone in a month. Fingers crossed

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

So I had an expensive package stolen from my front door before I could retrieve it.

Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing and have any advice?

Did they put any kind of insurance on the package?

1 hour ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

So I had an expensive package stolen from my front door before I could retrieve it.

No, but, that reminded me of this youtube video.

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Correct.

You guys nailing that job interview like:

MadeupMemorableChevrotain-size_restricte

5 hours ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

This is the type of **** that pisses me off. They shouldn't be allowed to just leave packages in plain sight. I had ordered a new authentic Brewers jersey and they literally just left it in the package on the ground next to my side door, in plain sight of the street. Didn't even bother to stuff it in the mailbox or let me know it was delivered. I signed up for delivery texts/emails too. I was home the entire time. Happens with every little thing I order. They should have to ring the doorbell or something and, if nobody is home to retrieve it, leave that notice that they stick to your door and have you go down to the local post office and pick it up. This leaving **** sit in plain sight is stupid, especially when they hold no liability whatsoever.

I had some 2017 National Championship UNC stuff delivered and, I got the notice that it WAS delivered, but it wasn't in my mailbox or at my house. I called my local post office and even FedEx and the mailman that claimed he dropped it off "found" them in his truck after I called to complain about it. Dude was clearly trying to snipe packages.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

This is the type of **** that pisses me off. They shouldn't be allowed to just leave packages in plain sight. I had ordered a new authentic Brewers jersey and they literally just left it in the package on the ground next to my side door, in plain sight of the street. Didn't even bother to stuff it in the mailbox or let me know it was delivered. I signed up for delivery texts/emails too. I was home the entire time. Happens with every little thing I order. They should have to ring the doorbell or something and, if nobody is home to retrieve it, leave that notice that they stick to your door and have you go down to the local post office and pick it up. This leaving **** sit in plain sight is stupid, especially when they hold no liability whatsoever.

I had some 2017 National Championship UNC stuff delivered and, I got the notice that it WAS delivered, but it wasn't in my mailbox or at my house. I called my local post office and even FedEx and the mailman that claimed he dropped it off "found" them in his truck after I called to complain about it. Dude was clearly trying to snipe packages.

I’ve been bitched at for leaving a notice. I’ve been bitched at for not leaving a notice. People just aren’t happy no matter what you do.

5 minutes ago, D82 said:

I’ve been bitched at for leaving a notice. I’ve been bitched at for not leaving a notice. People just aren’t happy no matter what you do.

So true. 

If I'm getting something expensive, I'll usually leave instructions to put it somewhere more discrete, via a note on the door.