What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

I was thinking of putting Tabasco sauce on my arms and legs...

I would caution you to watch how high up you go with the Tabasco on your legs...

Also I had to take him to the after hours vet a few weeks back when my two-year-old told me he fed him a battery and the four-year-old confirmed it. A few hours and a few hundred dollars later, x-ray confirmed...no battery. 

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I would caution you to watch how high up you go with the Tabasco on your legs...

Also I had to take him to the after hours vet a few weeks back when my two-year-old told me he fed him a battery and the four-year-old confirmed it. A few hours and a few hundred dollars later, x-ray confirmed...no battery. 

To the first part, yes. Et is playing with literal fire rubbing spice on his porous skin for extended periods. Have that whole milk/heavy cream handy big boy and godspeed 

To the second part, the best outcome of the X-ray was the fact there was no battery. That was actually the result that saved you money. You got to walk out of there without surgery. That in and of itself is a miracle. Definitely a good learning experience for your kids. They probably felt horrible and hopefully you are communicating with them why it's all ok and how to prevent this sort of thing in the future. they probably love that ****ing dog. The responsibility will open their mind to being respectful about other topics, maybe 

The human brain is truly remarkable in it's complexity, elegance imperfections. Kids are so impressionable. If we took better care of our 2-15 year olds, we would be SO MUCH better off. 

Parenting is hard and imperfect. There are going to be a lot of worn down, frustrated parents out there with schools closed. Hopefully that doesn't adversely affect the zoomers coming up through the ranks. Tech is already warping things. This just ads another wrinkle 

The next two weeks are going to get wild 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Mega Ron said:

Fantastic beast. Where'd you find it?

A wife's co-worker got her, but it turns out her son is allergic to it - they were about to turn it into a shelter but then my wife and I jumped in.

It's been about six hours, but I love that dog more than my kids, I think.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

A wife's co-worker got her, but it turns out her son is allergic to it - they were about to turn it into a shelter but then my wife and I jumped in.

It's been about six hours, but I love that dog more than my kids, I think.

Labs really are great dogs

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

Labs really are great dogs

She's fiesty, got some fight in her - nothing too bad, but it's so cute right now.

Gonna get her to a vet this morning and get her shots done...

On 7/17/2017 at 8:51 PM, flyers0909 said:

Multiquote is really awesome.  Also while I was making a post someone else replied and it gave me a notification and showed the reply without refreshing the page.  Very cool 

Welcome to the future 

16 hours ago, D82 said:

A stern "no" and redirect with a toy 

+1

Our dog trainer told us that some of this is because we take the pups away from Mom at 6-8 weeks. Mom dog would bite back and nip the nipping in the bud
So follow D82's advice and be consistent with it, do not let it slide. We spent the coin to hire a trainer for the pup, but much of the training was teaching us and the kids how to do it...consistently... across all 4 humans so the dog isn't getting mixed messages.

• Like 1