What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

7 minutes ago, mse326 said:

To have that feeling you'd have to be of the belief that all talented people find stardom. I don't buy that for a second. There are many that have great talent that just never get found.

True. Kinda sad to think about. 

I'd say it's true not just in the music/entertainment industry though. 

Edited by Desperado82

3 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

I feel like the talented individuals would have found their way to stardom either way. 

Ehh. Finding your way to stardom is heavily based in having the right connections or having the right manager/personal management skills to make that jump. There’s a lot of extremely talented people who aren’t well connected, nor know someone with great management skills. Would Jay-Z have made it big if he didn’t know Jaz and Dame Dash? Would Beyoncé have made it big if her mom didn’t do such a good job managing her? Does Dave Grohl make it big if he didn’t know Kurt Cobain?

Carrie Underwood didn’t have the means to get into a studio and record records with a band. She didn’t write her own music. She didn’t have a manager that could get her on the radio or in front of studio execs. She just had a voice that people liked. That isn’t getting randomly discovered and pushed to stardom.

Tbh I really don't have a problem with those shows. I don't watch them, but they aren't my main issue.

I mainly have a problem with shows like @Bucketheadsdad mentioned. Also bothers me how channels that once featured actual educational program (History, Discovery, Animal Planet, A&E, etc.) have all joined the fad as well. It's moronic. 

Just now, Desperado82 said:

Guys...never leave your collars on your dogs. Whether they be in a crate or in the yard. 

My friend just lost her heart dog due to this. I'm numb right now. 

My dog is naked unless he's on a walk, people think I'm weird.

What is a heart dog?

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

My dog is naked unless he's on a walk, people think I'm weird.

What is a heart dog?

Obviously, you love every dog you own, but a heart dog is basically a dog that there's just something special about. I really don't know how to describe it. 

This dog was a 2x Best In Show Winner, multiple BOB winning dog. He was awesome. Great temperament, everything you could ask for in a German Shepherd. He's Lemmy's sire. Only 5 years old and in the prime of his show career.

5 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Guys...never leave your collars on your dogs. Whether they be in a crate or in the yard. 

My friend just lost her heart dog due to this. I'm numb right now. 

That is such a huge fear of mine.  If you don't mind me asking, what was the situation?  Was he in his crate?

So....if the dog escapes, I have to hope whoever finds him puts in the effort to check if he’s chipped, and doesn’t view the lack of collar as him being a stray. That seems...not ideal either.