What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 minute ago, Desperado82 said:

I don't know the full story. All I know is he got hung up on the fence. 

The image of that is just so heartbreaking.  It makes me scared because my dog loves to jump back and forth over fences, if she ever got caught...

1 minute ago, Desperado82 said:

I don't know the full story. All I know is he got hung up on the fence. 

That really sucks.

Last year my son was riding around on his electric car in the backyard (i have 2.7 acres, so he was out of sight).  After he drove behind the tree line, i started to hear some really frantic crying.  I ran back there and found him with the clothes line around his neck.  A tree limb had fallen and taken the clothes line down.  He didn't see it since it was near dusk.

He was ok.  Scared the crap out of me.  But i can sympathize with the dog owner.  A dog collar is a mundane thing you don't give a second thought to as being dangerous to the dog.  Until something like that happens.

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

So....if the dog escapes, I have to hope whoever finds him puts in the effort to check if he’s chipped, and doesn’t view the lack of collar as him being a stray. That seems...not ideal either.

My dog is off-lead in the yard and I am always out watching him. He's in the house without a collar on as well. 

The only time he has a leash/collar on is when we're out in public (walking, vet office, stores, etc.)

Just now, Desperado82 said:

My dog is off-lead in the yard and I am always out watching him. He's in the house without a collar on as well. 

The only time he has a leash/collar on is when we're out in public (walking, vet office, stores, etc.)

I mean that’s easy when you have a show dog with rigorous training and no kids in and out of your house that might let the dog out accidentally. 

14 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Obviously, you love every dog you own, but a heart dog is basically a dog that there's just something special about. I really don't know how to describe it. 

This dog was a 2x Best In Show Winner, multiple BOB winning dog. He was awesome. Great temperament, everything you could ask for in a German Shepherd. He's Lemmy's sire. Only 5 years old and in the prime of his show career.

God bless, that is horrible.

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

I mean that’s easy when you have a show dog with rigorous training and no kids in and out of your house that might let the dog out accidentally. 

Do other dogs normally bolt out of a door at the first opportunity? My dog won't leave the house unless someone is with him. If I try to let him out solo and just stand by the door, he takes a couple steps and then just stops and looks at me.

Just now, cddolphin said:

Do other dogs normally bolt out of a door at the first opportunity? My dog won't leave the house unless someone is with him. If I try to let him out solo and just stand by the door, he takes a couple steps and then just stops and looks at me.

The husky I grew up with as a kid did. No amount of training kept her from trying to escape. 

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

The husky I grew up with as a kid did. No amount of training kept her from trying to escape. 

Interesting. Must be a breed thing. I have a pit and if I locked him out of the house accidentally I would bet my bank account an hour later he'd just be chilling by the front door like "DUDE WTF"

Edited by cddolphin

Just now, cddolphin said:

Interesting. Must be a breed think. I have a pit and if I locked him out of the house accidentally I would bet my bank account an hour later he'd just be chilling by the front door like "DUDE WTF"

Our Sheltie was like that. He never wore a collar, and we could let him chill in our unfenced yard and never had to worry about him. Wouldn’t even bother people walking down the road, he’d just lay down a good 15 yards away and look at them. Only time he ever left the yard was if the neighbors dumped food in the woods, he’d walk over and try to eat it. Otherwise he’d just chill in the yard and come in whenever he felt like it.

That husky though, if you left the door open and weren’t paying attention, she would zoom out and run down the street like nothing. She ran out in the middle of an ice storm and spent an hour out before she finally came back with us (probably only because her paws got cut up from the ice).