What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

36 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I wouldn't say anything to begin with but I would post in WAYTA about how annoying that is. I'd definitely add embellishments to make the scenario seem more annoying than it actually was. 

Do something deen.

Edited by PapaShogun

So a lot of people would do the civil thing and turn away when a goon continues to act nutty. But ahhhh riddle me this, what if they decide to spit on you because they're a real nasty piece of work? Do you then risk legal consequences and get into a physical fracas? Or is it still go get management, authorities, etc? 

4 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

So a lot of people would do the civil thing and turn away when a goon continues to act nutty. But ahhhh riddle me this, what if they decide to spit on you because they're a real nasty piece of work? Do you then risk legal consequences and get into a physical fracas? Or is it still go get management, authorities, etc? 

Call the cops say a guy assaulted you and you’re gonna whoop his *** if they don’t show up quick, they’ll show up quick (results may vary)

meanwhile, retreat to a safe location and keep an eye on the d-bag while cops arrive 

no need to fight 

edit

Edited by Dome
This is what you should do... not what I necessarily would do. 100% depends on my mood at the time of the spitting

10 minutes ago, Dome said:

Call the cops say a guy assaulted you and you’re gonna whoop his *** if they don’t show up quick, they’ll show up quick (results may vary)

meanwhile, retreat to a safe location and keep an eye on the d-bag while cops arrive 

no need to fight 

edit

"LA LA LA LA LA LA!!!! Yeah, call the police *****, the call the police, I don't give a ****!!!" 

Actually, You Should Tactically Interrupt People Sometimes and ...

Meanwhile you're trying to contact the police lmao and this ******* is getting in your face while you do so. 

"Sir? Sir? I'm sorry I can't hear you, can you please repeat what you said? Sir???" 

Obviously, this is an extremely detailed scenario, but yeah...I got a lot of shower thought credit built up I want to spend. 

Edited by PapaShogun

17 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

"LA LA LA LA LA LA!!!! Yeah, call the police *****, the call the police, I don't give a ****!!!" 

Actually, You Should Tactically Interrupt People Sometimes and ...

Meanwhile you're trying to contact the police lmao and this ******* is getting in your face while you do so. 

"Sir? Sir? I'm sorry I can't hear you, can you please repeat what you said? Sir???" 

Obviously, this is an extremely detailed scenario, but yeah...I got a lot of shower thought credit built up I want to spend. 

I mean if he's not assaulting me, making fists or threats, I'm just gonna keep on walking away. It's rare I'm anywhere isolated from other people so I'll feel good with witnesses around and at work or near my home I'd potentially have people intervening on my behalf as well.

If he's making fists or threats, I'm going to remain calm and non-threatening and look for a 1-shot KO or chokehold. I'm also fortunate to have trained with corrections officers for about a year, a lot of the holds and take downs the use on inmates. With a good sucker punch, witnesses and some training and muscle memory coming back I would hope to avoid an out and out fight. 

I have no criminal record or even contact with police and I'd like my odds in court if I were to injure him with a sucker punch or submission hold, with a 911 dispatcher confirming someone was screaming on my end of the line. 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

I think people who can't back down from potentially violent confrontations because of their pride or ego are among some of the weakest members of society. Which is hilarious because that's exactly what they're trying to avoid by letting their pride lead to the situation in the first place.

Get in your car, roll up the windows, turn your music up. Most of the time the other party will get bored and move on.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

5 months to go roughly til wedding day. Now in the process of chopping down my list in case of Corona. Moving some people to a B list in case we have limits on mass gatherings

You should hold a jousting tournament and make people battle for their spots. 

5 minutes ago, Dome said:

I think people who can't back down from potentially violent confrontations because of their pride or ego are among some of the weakest members of society. Which is hilarious because that's exactly what they're trying to avoid by letting their pride lead to the situation in the first place.

Get in your car, roll up the windows, turn your music up. Most of the time the other party will get bored and move on.

Agreed. But let's say you have the power to whoop ***. I'm talking Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris level expertise. Does power corrupt you, and lead you to "teach people lessons" more often, or would it give you more comfort to be able to sit back and laugh at goons that are trying their best to provoke you into doing something rash? 

Last year in New Orleans I got in a situation with a mentally unwell homeless guy. I don't know if he just thought I looked at him funny or just decided to give me a hard time for some reason. I was just sitting and minding my own business, I think he just got annoyed that someone from out of town decided to be in a city that basically exists solely for out-of-towners. I wasn't able to just walk away since I was watching some friends things while they were in a store. I don't remember what he had to say but I mostly just looked the other way, didn't respond to anything he said. He got upset about this and eventually spit on my shoe and walked off to bother someone else. Only brought up this because you specifically mentioned someone spitting.

It was annoying for sure and thankfully I had some hand sanitizer and paper towels to attempt to clean off my shoe with but there's just no reason to let things escalate. 

Edited by skywindO2

1 minute ago, skywindO2 said:

Last year in New Orleans I got in a situation with a mentally unwell homeless guy. I don't know if he just thought I looked at him funny or just decided to give me a hard time for some reason. I was just sitting and minding my own business, I think he just got annoyed that someone from out town decided to be in a city that basically exists solely for out-of-towners. I wasn't able to just walk away since I was watching some friends things while they were in a store. I don't remember what he had to say but I mostly just looked the other way, didn't respond to anything he said. He got upset about this and eventually spit on my shoe and walked off to bother someone else. Only brought up this because you specifically mentioned someone spitting.

It was annoying for sure and thankfully I had some hand sanitizer and paper towels to attempt to clean off my shoe with but there's just no reason to let things escalate. 

Well your shoe is your shoe. What if it was your face homie? What if you didn't have hand sanitizer or paper towels to quickly utilize? Oooooooooo, you gonna take that skywindO2? You gonna take that!!!???