What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I doubt it. All us Floridians are like "meh."

I remember it was kinda fun in Tampa when i lived there.  People would have tropical storm/hurricane parties. Like tons of booze , pop tarts, chips, and gummy snacks lol. 

13 hours ago, iPwn said:

Breaking: Poorly ran franchise still poorly ran

But I’m tired of it. They did almost everything possible to break Bortles just because they’re idiots. And they succeeded. Can’t wait for the next garbage GM and head coach they bring in, and the next top 10 QB selection they just completely screw up or ruin. Will also be fun when Allen Robinson is playing for the Titans and Telvin Smith is playing for the Colts next year.

I've seen this being said by other Jags fans

What did the coaches do to him exactly to take him from a his great fantasy numbers, to now potentially getting replaced by Henne?

Edited by Calibucsfan

11 hours ago, Calibucsfan said:

What did the coaches do to him exactly to take him from a his great fantasy numbers, to now potentially getting replaced by Henne?

Blake’s throwing motion isn’t normally a prototypical throwing motion. He has a elongated motion that takes about a half second longer to get the ball out of his hand, and drops the velocity on his ball slightly. But he goes to work with Tom House and Jordan Palmer in the offseason and they make sure he keeps working on it and has it cleaned up. His second year, his throwing motion was fine. It wasn’t perfect nor without flaws, but it was a good motion that got the ball out quickly and with good velocity.

Last year, our OC guilted him into not going. Like spent weeks telling Blake he was doing a disservice to his team by not being around for the time he goes there. So Blake didn’t go, and predictability his throwing motion degraded. Blake noticed, and asked if he could have Palmer or House fly out and work with him, and the OC told him no. The QB coach refused to work with him too, and apparently told him it would be fine. That Qab Coach got promoted to our current OC.

Now, you can throw together whatever “he was in his third year, he shouldn’t still be working on mechanics” argument you want, but he was actively working to keep himself in check.

Blake’s a guy that trusts his arm, and throws into tight windows. It creates turnovers, but it also results in big plays. The drop in velocity as well as the increased time to get the ball out of his hands ultimately means that the windows that he could fit the ball in between a defender and his receiver were often times smaller than the windows he would throw in. Or rather they started out the same size, but the defender was better able to close in the time that the ball took to get to the target. This decreases big plays, while simultaneously increasing negative plays and incompletions.

Blake went back this offseason and worked on his throwing motion. He looks fine mechanically again. But now the coaches told him that if he plays the role of a gunslinger like he has, he won’t play for us. So now we’ve got a guy who makes plays by taking chances and makes up for his misreads and stuff by completing the big plays, afraid to take chances and make big plays. So now he’s playing neutered like he’s scared to take shots with the ball, knowing that if he plays like that, he will lose his job. But he’s also still the guy who will misread things and make mistakes from time to time. So now we have turned a gunslinger that makes more positive plays than negative into a timid thrower that still makes mistakes.

Blake may not even be on our roster once week one rolls around. He’s probably never starting another game for us. And he’s assuredly gone after this season, if not sooner. I have no reason to defend him at the expense of a staff that might be here another 4 years. But this staff ruined him, and they’re all incompetent idiots.

• Like 2