What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

There is: call the cops. Let's do a quick thought experiment and see how that goes.

Terry has no proof and is accusing a high income public figure with an army of lawyers at his disposal of sexual assault. It immediately becomes a public story, Terry is ostracized from Hollywood, immediately hit with defamation lawsuits from the executive, and gets to spend the next few years of his life and a significant part of his nest egg in court. 

I was going to ask a snarky question about at what net worth you no longer think someone can be assault.

Instead I'll just say this is a horrible take.

His wife witnessed it apparently.  

Why would anyone question it then? Is anyone questioning RIGHT NOW???? Dumb and slanted hypothetical.

As far as the net worth, it simply points to the fact he wasn't working to keep his kids fed and the lights on.  Even if he were ostracized (no reason whatsoever to believe that would happen then but not now, right?) he could live mighty comfortably the rest of his life. 

Quick question tho, some dude (coworker for an appropriate comparison) grabs your junk, you do nothing? You good with that?

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

His wife witnessed it apparently.  

She's not an unbiased witness. Just like you getting your wife/girlfriend to testify as your alibi won't hold up in court unless you have other proof, Terry would need more evidence to actually prove his accusations. 

Why would anyone question it then? Is anyone questioning RIGHT NOW???? Dumb and slanted hypothetical.

What hypothetical? He's obviously terrified of getting sued because he isn't even naming the guy.

All the court of public opinion not questioning this would do is provide ammunition for the defamation lawsuits that would ruin Terry's career and bleed him financially.

Believe it or not, at some point during the process of getting over the assault, Terry and the hundreds of other people who are assaulted in Hollywood thought through whether or not they should call the cops. I'd be willing to bet some even consulted a lawyer for a professional opinion on how things might go. It's not magic that stuff like this goes systemically unreported.

As far as the net worth, it simply points to the fact he wasn't working to keep his kids fed and the lights on.  Even if he were ostracized (no reason whatsoever to believe that would happen then but not now, right?) he could live mighty comfortably the rest of his life. 

No, you weren't just pointing out that he's financially independent. You said he doesn't deserve sympathy. 

Quick question tho, some dude (coworker for an appropriate comparison) grabs your junk, you do nothing? You good with that?

If I was in Terry's situation, I would have done the same thing he did.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Why would anyone question it then? Is anyone questioning RIGHT NOW???? Dumb and slanted hypothetical

Have you never seen what happens with these accusations? The accuser is very rarely ever believed, and is drug through the mud almost universally. 

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

no reason whatsoever to believe that would happen then but not now, right?

3 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Have you never seen what happens with these accusations? The accuser is very rarely ever believed, and is drug through the mud almost universally. 

Again, are people doubting him NOW? Anyone dragging him through the mud?

Some of y'all just assume it's true without proof, right?  So there's the other side of that narrative.

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Well for one, a coworker isn’t an appropriate comparison. The person who assaulted Terry is an employer who decides whether Terry can work on projects.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Again, are people doubting him NOW? Anyone dragging him through the mud?

Some of y'all just assume it's true without proof, right?  So there's the other side of that narrative.

I think someone said something about irony a page or two back..

12 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

She's not an unbiased witness. Just like you getting your wife/girlfriend to testify as your alibi won't hold up in court unless you have other proof, Terry would need more evidence to actually prove his accusations. 

What hypothetical? He's obviously terrified of getting sued because he isn't even naming the guy.

All the court of public opinion not questioning this would do is provide ammunition for the defamation lawsuits that would ruin Terry's career and bleed him financially.

Believe it or not, at some point during the process of getting over the assault, Terry and the hundreds of other people who are assaulted in Hollywood thought through whether or not they should call the cops. I'd be willing to bet some even consulted a lawyer for a professional opinion on how things might go. It's not magic that stuff like this goes systemically unreported.

No, you weren't just pointing out that he's financially independent. You said he doesn't deserve sympathy. 

If I was in Terry's situation, I would have done the same thing he did.

I'm not going to keep recycling the same points, but I disagree that "welp, there's nothing he could have done". File a report (maybe nothing happens, but it wasn't from a lack of trying).

As far as my point about his finances, I was absolutely just pointing out his independence.  If you didn't take it that way, so be it.

Just because you'd accept that behavior doesn't mean all of us are wired that way nor does it mean everyone who does is a helpless victim.

The fact he's not willing to POTENTIALLY risk money, jobs, etc., is exactly why I'm not terribly impressed by what he's done, which is essentially nothing at this point.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I'm not going to keep recycling the same points, but I disagree that "welp, there's nothing he could have done". File a report (maybe nothing happens, but it wasn't from a lack of trying).

As far as my point about his finances, I was absolutely just pointing out his independence.  If you didn't take it that way, so be it.

Just because you'd accept that behavior doesn't mean all of us are wired that way nor does it mean everyone who does is a helpless victim.

The fact he's not willing to POTENTIALLY risk money, jobs, etc., is exactly why I'm not terribly impressed by what he's done, which is essentially nothing at this point.

If you want to pretend that people can level accusations against very wealthy people without concrete proof and not suffer serious ramifications, go ahead but that's pure ignorance. It's not any way someone is "wired" or that somehow Terry is weaker than you because he isn't willing to bankrupt himself and ruin his career over an accusation that will ultimately not result in any permanent damage to the person who assaulted him. It's reality.

No point in discussing this with you any more, but I won't let this go.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This is a lie. You said he, a sexual assault victim, doesn't deserve sympathy because he's 250 pounds, famous, and wealthy.

10 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Well for one, a coworker isn’t an appropriate comparison. The person who assaulted Terry is an employer who decides whether Terry can work on projects.

Even a boss isn't a fair comparison, because I could go to HR.

Even a business owner isn't really a fair comparison, because the average business owner can't claim defamation damages like a Hollywood executive could.