What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 minute ago, eagles101 said:

Said he was sexual harrased also. 

At least from what I read he said some unnamed exec grabbed his junk at a party.

So instead actually doing something about it and perhaps stopping the perv from assaulting someone else, he says nothing for a year (and still didn't name the guy) all because he didn't want to lose acting gigs.  

What a hero....

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

At least from what I read he said some unnamed exec grabbed his junk at a party.

So instead actually doing something about it and perhaps stopping the perv from assaulting someone else, he says nothing for a year (and still didn't name the guy) all because he didn't want to lose acting gigs.  

What a hero....

You are a negative person.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What a hero....

There is a whole lot that goes into this sort of thing. It is not insignificant that this is the most common response for everybody, regardless of gender, when they are the victim in this type of incident.

Perhaps you should give more consideration to the fact that a man of Crews' stature didn't react. It ain't as easy as people like to think.

12 minutes ago, fretgod99 said:

Perhaps you should give more consideration to the fact that a man of Crews' stature didn't react. It ain't as easy as people like to think.

Seriously. Apart from a reminder that reporting this just isn't easy, there are 2 take-home messages for me:

1. The dynamic between Hollywood executives and talent is that an executive thinks he can walk up to a 6'4", 250 pound shredded former NFL player, grab his junk, and know he'll get away with it because Terry doesn't want to ruin his career.

2. Terry thinks the media coverage him stomping out that piece of crap would be this

24 minutes ago, fretgod99 said:

There is a whole lot that goes into this sort of thing. It is not insignificant that this is the most common response for everybody, regardless of gender, when they are the victim in this type of incident.

Terry Crews didn't react because he didn't want to be ostracized, said so himself.

He also said he didn't react because he thought the media would report "240 lb black guy punches movie exec" (loose quote).

There is a response somewhere in between "Well, I guess I better keep my mouth shut so those Old Spice dollars keep flowing in" and a physical reaction.

The third, and appropriate, response is to say something then.  You know, have a spine and some convictions.  This isn't a woman who was physically afraid for her safety, it was a dude who was plenty capable of standing up for himself. 

There's a world full of victims who deserve tons of sympathy, but a 250lb dude who's been on dat dere cell tech for years and has an 8 figure net worth isn't one of them.  At least in this situation, at least IMO.

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Seriously. Apart from a reminder that reporting this just isn't easy, there are 2 take-home messages for me:

1. The dynamic between Hollywood executives and talent is that an executive thinks he can walk up to a 6'4", 250 pound shredded former NFL player, grab his junk, and know he'll get away with it because Terry doesn't want to ruin his career.

2. Terry thinks the media coverage him stomping out that piece of crap would be this

If only there were an option between saying nothing and curb stomping someone....

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If only there were an option between saying nothing and curb stomping someone....

There is: call the cops. Let's do a quick thought experiment and see how that goes.

Terry has no proof and is accusing a high income public figure with an army of lawyers at his disposal of sexual assault. It immediately becomes a public story, Terry is ostracized from Hollywood, immediately hit with defamation lawsuits from the executive, and gets to spend the next few years of his life and a significant part of his nest egg in court. 

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There's a world full of victims who deserve tons of sympathy, but a 250lb dude who's been on dat dere cell tech for years and has an 8 figure net worth isn't one of them.  At least in this situation, at least IMO.

I was going to ask a snarky question about at what net worth you no longer think someone can be a victim of assault.

Instead I'll just say this is a horrible take.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1