What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 minute ago, eagles101 said:

I can guarantee that if a famous person was accused of sexual harrowing or assualt there wouldnt be large groups of people saying they were lieing because of limited evidence. Just ask bill cosby, bill clinton, kobe, big ben....

Yes, look at all of those cases where the victim was sued into financial ruin and the accuser never saw a court room (at least the ones who didn't settle).

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Even a boss isn't a fair comparison, because I could go to HR.

Even a business owner isn't really a fair comparison, because the average business owner can't claim defamation damages like a Hollywood executive could.

All this is true. Also - speaking of the defamation case and all that, look no further than the current situation with Nelly to see how quickly an accuser has to then defend themselves against legal situations. Literally the same day that Nelly was arrested, his lawyer sent documents to the accuser essentially threatening her to drop the case or else there would be serious reprocussions for her, that very closely bordered on illegal threats. Nelly may be innocent, but if you think that his lawyer’s response is only there for those rich people who actually are innocent and not just the ones who tell their lawyer they didn’t do anything, I have a bridge to sell you.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yes, look at all of those cases where the victim was sued into financial ruin and the accuser never saw a court room (at least the ones who didn't settle).

See above

2 minutes ago, iPwn said:

All this is true. Also - speaking of the defamation case and all that, look no further than the current situation with Nelly to see how quickly an accuser has to then defend themselves against legal situations. Literally the same day that Nelly was arrested, his lawyer sent documents to the accuser essentially threatening her to drop the case or else there would be serious reprocussions for her, that very closely bordered on illegal threats. Nelly may be innocent, but if you think that his lawyer’s response is only there for those rich people who actually are innocent and not just the ones who tell their lawyer they didn’t do anything, I have a bridge to sell you.

No, I'm sure he would have faced resistance, not doubting that at all.

We're all different and he decided the juice wasn't worth the squeeze.  That's his choice.

I just know if me or my wife or children were sexually assaulted there is not financial threat you could make that would dissuade me from going forward with prosecution.

I kinda see what Brownies is saying. The people assuming they'd know what would happen had Crews came out when it happened can't possibly know the reaction of a man of Terry's stature accusing an executive, something like that has never happened before and it's not hard to imagine that his allegations would hold a lot more weight than a random woman who can be dismissed as a profiteer.

"Famous Incredibly Hulk looking actor accuses so-and-so of grabbing his junk!"

"LOL yea, ok. He either liked it or he's doing to this for money."

I'm not gonna go ahead and say that I don't feel bad for the guy assuming this is true, but once people start to hitch their name on a bandwagon of accusations when other victims came first, it's a lot less brave than doing it before or doing it first.

Edited by Mossburg

2 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

I kinda see what Brownies is saying. The people assuming they'd know what would happen had Crews came out when it happened can't possibly know the reaction of a man of Terry's stature accusing an executive, something like that has never happened before and it's not hard to imagine that his allegations would hold a lot more weight than a random woman who can be dismissed as a profiteer.

"Famous Incredibly Hulk looking actor accuses so-and-so of grabbing his junk!"

"LOL yea, ok. He either liked it or he's doing to this for money."

I'm not gonna go ahead and say that I don't feel bad for the guy assuming this is true, but once people start to hitch their name on a bandwagon of accusations when other victims came first, it's a lot less brave than doing it before or doing it first.

The court of public opinion isn't really relevant. There are legal ramifications of going out on your own and accusing a celebrity like a Hollywood executive that are unique.

No, I'm sure he would have faced resistance, not doubting that at all.

That’s a whole lot different from the earlier claim you made.

I just know if me or my wife or children were sexually assaulted there is not financial threat you could make that would dissuade me from going forward with prosecution.

It wasn’t his wife or daughter. He wasn’t going to playing the role of hero for his family for standing up to the person who bullied his family. It would have been for himself. He didn’t get the benefit of “doing what’s right for my family” while not having to live through the embarrassment and pain the event caused him. Was it worth dragging his family through that for his own benefit? Was it worth risking the financial security he brings his family to benefit him? Would it be worth living through the pain for maybe years as the court cases rehashed the event over and over, or would it just be better for himself to let it go and move on?

The court of public opinion isn't really relevant. There are legal ramifications of going out on your own and accusing a celebrity like a Hollywood executive that are unique.

The court of public opinion brings massive attention to issues and creates national stories that otherwise wouldn't be national stories, and often puts public pressure on people to resign. Regardless, it would indeed be an incredible act for him to come forward then, a MUCH bigger deal than doing it now and not even naming the guy.

Edited by Mossburg
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, iPwn said:

That’s a whole lot different from the earlier claim you made.

It wasn’t his wife or daughter. He wasn’t going to playing the role of hero for his family for standing up to the person who bullied his family. It would have been for himself. He didn’t get the benefit of “doing what’s right for my family” while not having to live through the embarrassment and pain the event caused him. Was it worth dragging his family through that for his own benefit? Was it worth risking the financial security he brings his family to benefit him? Would it be worth living through the pain for maybe years as the court cases rehashed the event over and over, or would it just be better for himself to let it go and move on?

When did I ever say the accused person's lawyers wouldn't do what lawyers do?

I just don't buy into the idea he'd be going into some unwinnable battle that would cost him his life's work.

7 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

people start to hitch their name on a bandwagon of accusations when other victims came first, it's a lot less brave than doing it before or doing it first.

Sure. Risking everything alone is more brave than being a part of a larger entity. But I don’t think we need to compare bravery.

These types of assaults work by taking power from the victim. Terry’s story is unique in that it brings a new face to the abused. He’s a 6’3, 245 pound chiseled mass of man. Despite this, he was still assaulted. He was still afraid to come forward. He still displayed all the classic behaviors that the abused go through. It brings a new voice into the light that the abused face. If even Terry freaking Crews can be assaulted and not have the strength to come forward, maybe that helps some other abused people to understand that it isn’t their fault and that the things they feel about themselves aren’t how it really is.

At least one can hope that this is how his story impacts others.

^I'm fine with all that. I just don't agree that we can easily assume his accusations would be treated the same way as a random secretary's. If anything, that was a tremendously missed opportunity in a fight against this crap. Am I gonna call him a coward for not coming forward or not feel bad for him? Hell no. But I do think it's worth noting that it is different, while still sympathizing with the guy. But he should at least name the guy IMO. I can see how the timing and not naming can have some people believe he's just trying to let everyone know he's a victim without making any difference because it's super hawt these days.

Edited by Mossburg