What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

45 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Yup. Totally unscientific.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/910975/

And as if the entire scientific and academic community doesn’t use Brownmiller’s Against Our Will as the frame for understanding this topic. But sure, unscientific.

I'm sure it's a very cool study despite the reliance on personal accounts with no methodology able to be seen (behind a paywall); the 70s were truly a remarkable time when it came to inserting power structures as the primary explanation for a vast swathe of social phenomena, gotta love post-modernism right? After all it's been proven tenable time and time again ^_^

I wouldn't want to address your purposeful twisting of my views either if I were you. Let's ignore that bit so we can pack the convo up neatly and move to the next topic now.

Gotta conference call in an hour, then gonna take a quick nap, freshen up for hotel happy hour, then picking up wifey from the airport to spend the weekend in Vegas. 

I'm about to make ALL the money. ALL the money.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

I wish my weekend started Wednesday night

Put in my work this week. Sessions all day, solving problems at night, operating on a lot of caffeine. I'm honestly going to crash out hard for a bit. I have a 30 minute meeting tomorrow with a vendor, but might even skip that (it's my old employer, so I like to randomly skip and leave 'em twisting in the wind).

2 hours ago, iPwn said:

Yup. Totally unscientific.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/910975/

And as if the entire scientific and academic community doesn’t use Brownmiller’s Against Our Will as the frame for understanding this topic. But sure, unscientific.

Well yeah it's "published" but has Joe Rogan tweeted about it?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Well yeah it's "published" but has Joe Rogan tweeted about it?

One of my favorite "published" articles of 2017:

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/dance-research-journal/article/gaga-as-metatechnique-negotiating-choreography-improvisation-and-technique-in-a-neoliberal-dance-market/

Academia! There are some real gems out there :)

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Until he and Schaub sign off on it, it doesn't matter.

If the idea for your paper wasn't conceived in an isolation tank or posted on 4chan, it's an academic conspiracy and I don't want to hear about it. 

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

If the idea for your paper wasn't conceived in an isolation tank or posted on 4chan, it's an academic conspiracy and I don't want to hear about it. 

Lol right.

They are entertaining as hell, but sometimes they just need to admit they have no clue what they are talking about.

I still remembered both of them convinced that Mike O'Hearn could be a natural lifter and I was just standing there shaking my head in disbelief that two athletes could be so naive.

28 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Went to the doctor yesterday for a physical. I need to lose a couple pounds and I knew this but I'd the doctor to not sugar coat it. Just be honest. "Damn kid, you're fat. Drop the donut!"

You need to go to my doctor then.

Dr Krisha: You're overweight.

ET: Crap, I know. It's just that...

Dr: Eat less. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

You need to go to my doctor then.

Dr Krisha: You're overweight.

ET: Crap, I know. It's just that...

Dr: Eat less. 

Dr: James, you need to stop eating pizza

Me: Why?

Dr: So I can examine you!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Gotta conference call in an hour, then gonna take a quick nap, freshen up for hotel happy hour, then picking up wifey from the airport to spend the weekend in Vegas. 

I'm about to make ALL the money. ALL the money.

Napped, watched the eventual victomd of the 'stros win, at the airport, about to get turnt up to 15.

ALL the money.