What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

18 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

I heard on an entertainment industry podcast that people knew about this for years, to the point that when someone was meeting him alone they were either warned if someone thought they didn't know, or if they knew, asked people to go to this meeting with them so they wouldn't be alone. I guess that part pisses me off the most. All of these people (non alleged victims) who are condemning it were cool with it and are just doing it for PR now that the poop met the fan. Apparently Angelina Jolie claimed after the encounter she ceased all work with him, which I respect a ton. Others seemed to be ok because he made them money.

I guess it depends how much they knew. The New Yorker piece depicts some extremely dark behavior [for lack of a better word that’s acceptable on this forum]. But did they know about that? Or did they just hear rumors that women needed to flirt with him to get gigs? Neither is okay at all. But you can kinda understand how the latter can become an indoctrinated “oh that’s just part of the business. It sucks but what can you do?” whereas the former would make you boil with anger to find out people just let it happen.

I just saw a story today of a man saving a child from drowning. He was taking pictures for a wedding and noticed the kid had fell into a pond and was drowning. It was an inspiring story and just how wonderful people are. I looked at the world a little better after that. It was an odd feeling....im glad FF could shake that feeling.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, eagles101 said:

I just saw a story today of a man saving a child from drowning. He was taking pictures for a wedding and noticed the kid had fell into a pond and was drowning. It was an inspiring story and just how wonderful people are. I looked at the world a little better after that. It was an odd feeling....im glad FF could shake that feeling.

Lol you ok brah?

Don't let strangers opinions on the interwebz get you too down.

Just now, eagles101 said:

I'm sure it was staged. It's a new brand of fake news to counter the negative fake news, it's an untapped market. The people who don't subscribe to the DEEP STATE DEMOCRATS INVENTED AIDS headlines, will certainly subscribe to positive things such as a kid's life being saved.

#GetWokeSon

Just now, Mossburg said:

I'm sure it was staged. It's a new brand of fake news to counter the negative fake news, it's an untapped market. The people who don't subscribe to the DEEP STATE DEMOCRATS INVENTED AIDS headlines, will certainly subscribe to positive things such as a kid's life being saved.

#GetWokeSon

giphy.gif

33 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Shaming someone for the circumstances they put themselves into is not the same as shaming them for reporting or experiencing a legitimate crime, but they are often convoluted in very public cases.

It would appear that you really have a poor understanding of the mindset that victims of these types of crimes enter into, as well as the actual impact of the crime itself. It isn’t a crime of sex, it’s a crime of abuse of power and lording control over another individual. Its a crime of violence. That violence manifests not just physically, but it’s a violent act against the psyche of the victim. It’s a crime that makes the victim feel weak, like they deserve what happened to them, and that they are alone and deserve to be alone in the shame and pain of what happened to them. It’s a crime that dehumanizes the victim to themself. It leaves them not only vulnerable in that moment, but for long after. It is violence against the entire core of a person’s being. Someone has violated their autonomy both physically and mentally in a way that you can clearly never understand if you simply view it as “Groping someone's twigs and berries in passing”.

By attempting to shame the behavior of the victim, regardless of whatever intention you had for telling them they “shouldn’t be wearing that” or “should know not to drink that much” or “shouldn’t have been alone at that place” or whatever other shameful thing they did in the lead up to the event, you’re playing right into what the abuser did to that person. You’re isolating them, you’re effectively shaming them for what happened (after all if she wasn’t drunk in that alley, it wouldn’t have happened), and you’re leaving them to be alone and afraid that no one will understand what they’re facing.

We don’t tell people who have been mugged that they shouldn’t own an iPhone and a nice coat. Yet somehow we’ve decided that we need to do so to those who have had their psyche already assaulted and to then pretend like they shouldn’t continue to feel isolated and alone, despite doing nothing to aid in that effort.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Someone has violated their autonomy both physically and mentally in a way that you can clearly never understand if you simply view it as “Groping someone's twigs and berries in passing”.

This sentence alone is indicative of the entire dialogue between us. Take a sentence or phrase, remove it from the context it was written in, promote it as my viewpoint (very dishonest, sad!), then proceed with sweeping, unscientific and oddly-confident statements such as

It isn’t a crime of sex, it’s a crime of abuse of power and lording control over another individual.

and

You’re isolating them, you’re effectively shaming them for what happened (after all if she wasn’t drunk in that alley, it wouldn’t have happened), and you’re leaving them to be alone and afraid that no one will understand what they’re facing.

and my favorite ridiculous example that is constantly being thrown around

We don’t tell people who have been mugged that they shouldn’t own an iPhone and a nice coat.

as if that's anything close to what I was implying. Lordy lordy.

Edited by cddolphin

5 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

proceed with sweeping, unscientific and oddly-confident statements such as

Yup. Totally unscientific.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/910975/

And as if the entire scientific and academic community doesn’t use Brownmiller’s Against Our Will as the frame for understanding this topic. But sure, unscientific.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Holy ish, a Dallas brewery is releasing a new beer called "Eagle Tears" right before we play them in November. The slogan on the can is "Don't worry, we wont leave rings on the table". 

I now have to drive to Dallas. 

That’s p neat. I want to get ahold of the couple beers that are made for SUE.

Now Cara Delevingne is claiming harassment, she hasn't even been part of the Hollywood scene that long. The list of misconduct just keeps growing day by day.

It's like reading about a modern day Roman Emperor - the possessor of absolute power, who answers to no one. An appalling predator operating in plain view of everyone.