What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

25 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Were the 90s even real

Of course they were real. There's towns in Idaho and Wyoming where they're still living in them. Ross Perot was probably still on their 2016 ballots. 

Edited by skywindO2
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, cddolphin said:

My understanding is because there is no forward pass, big hits like we're accustomed to seeing in the NFL don't happen with any real frequency

(Quick Note - The collision zones in both sports are certainly different. But rugby still presents plenty of opportunities for big hits to occur)   

~~~~~

Big hits depend on a couple of factors.

1) The Standard Of Competition:

The NFL isn't a sport, it's the pinnacle of the sport. FCS football is the same sport, but played at much lower standard. Big hits, & elite athleticism in the FCS won't occur in same frequency as in the NFL.

The highest standard of rugby is found in the following...

Internationals (Annual International competitions held between nations)

- Rugby World Cup (Quadrennial - 20 team tournament - Similar to the football / soccer world cup)  

- Six Nations (Annual Northern Hemisphere competition featuring - England, Wales, France, Ireland, Italy, Scotland)

- Rugby Championship (Annual Southern Hemisphere competition featuring - Australia, Argentina, South Africa, New Zealand)

- Mid Year / End of Year Tours (Annual Tours featuring a variety of international teams)

- British & Irish Lions Tours (Quadrennial tours featuring a combined team of players from - England, Wales, Scotland, & Ireland that tours - New Zealand, South Africa, & Australia in rotation) 

International rugby is the pinnacle of the sport, & rugby's most intense arena.

Elite Domestic Competitions  (Club competitions held in rugby strongholds)

- Super Rugby (Southern Hemisphere / Joint competition featuring teams from - South Africa, New Zealand, Argentina, Australia, Japan)

- European Champions & Challenge Cup (Two Northern Hemisphere tournaments featuring teams from - Pro 14 / Top 14 / Aviva Premiership)

- Aviva Premiership (English domestic league)

- Top 14 (French domestic league)

- Pro 14 (Combined league featuring teams from - Ireland, Wales, Scotland, Italy, South Africa)

Domestic club rugby is one step down from internationals.

2) The individual Game: 

If the game is between two high calibre teams, & they both get after it, you should see an intense game with plenty of fireworks (Big hits).

~~~~~

The above (7min) video demonstrates the types of collisions you'll find in high standard rugby.

Some extra notes on video...

- Some of these hits are illegal & would have been penalised, & some players possibly suspended. It's a fast game & things sometimes go wrong. Majority are legal hits.  

- Collisions at the breakdown (Ruck) in rugby can be quite fierce as well, but none are shown here.

- 3 clips are rugby league, all the rest are rugby union. It doesn't matter here as their tackling technique is pretty much the same.

- It's hard to find a video without swearing. Shame video makers don't use the original commentary instead. 

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~

PS... @EliteTexan80 - Glad your first rugger experience was a positive one. Hopefully there are many more to come. 

Edited by Marc MacGyver
  • Like 1

What is something simple yet embarrassing you never were able to do?

I can't spit. When guys pucker their lips and launch an impressive in both mass and velocity globule of DNA into the dirt I get mad jelly. All I can do is an impression of a broken sprinkler and manage to get slobber all over half my face.

Does anybody have any tips? I would like to be able to impress some cuties next time I'm exercising in public somewhere.

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

What is something simple yet embarrassing you never were able to do?

I can't spit. When guys pucker their lips and launch an impressive in both mass and velocity globule of DNA into the dirt I get mad jelly. All I can do is an impression of a broken sprinkler and manage to get slobber all over half my face.

Does anybody have any tips? I would like to be able to impress some cuties next time I'm exercising in public somewhere.

41be6a2789b0b4271aa263df740aebd671bc5a98