What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I blow gently (insert joke) where the bag is supposed to open and that usually separates the two sides.

I also do this. Between this and the finger rubbing on the edge, I can get about 80% of them open in a reasonable amount of time. But that last 20% can take a comically long amount of time to get.

3 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

It can take me a couple tries to figure out which end is the open end. 

Surprisingly, I don’t have this problem. The side you tear them away at is always the bottom of the bag.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You have a rear view camera on that beast?

It does, but that only helps me not run over small children or shopping carts. Backing into a tight spot, it's all reverse-stop-turn-drive-stop-reverse-turn-turn-no-stop-drive-turn-reverse-no-drive-drive-stop-tuuurrn-reverse-reverse-reverse-in.

I simply can't drive that car that well. Drives me nuts. I miss my sports car.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

garbage bags have pull ties.

This is the life saver for my main trash can. The pull ties make them a breeze to open, and the ability to open them easy is honestly the only reason I buy them over the cheaper alternative. But my bedroom trash can and bathroom trash can use much smaller bags and they don’t have the pull tabs.

Chicago instituted a plastic bag tax, so I don’t get grocery bags to reuse for trash anymore, so I have to go with the roll of bags without the ties. The WORST 

2 minutes ago, iPwn said:

This is the life saver for my main trash can. The pull ties make them a breeze to open, and the ability to open them easy is honestly the only reason I buy them over the cheaper alternative. But my bedroom trash can and bathroom trash can use much smaller bags and they don’t have the pull tabs.

Chicago instituted a plastic bag tax, so I don’t get grocery bags to reuse for trash anymore, so I have to go with the roll of bags without the ties. The WORST 

That’s awful.

No grocery bags eh? Those things are so handy to have around.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That’s awful.

No garbage bags eh? Those things are so handy to have around.

Assume you mean grocery bags. Yeah, it sucks. But it cuts down on a ton of waste, so I guess I can deal. I occasionally get a few still, because restaurants don’t have to tax for them, but not nearly as many as I used to.

Before they did the tax, they had a plan to get every business to use use these much heavier plastic bags. They rolled out the requirement to large merchandisers for a year, but found that people were still just throwing them away rather than re-using them. I still have some of those around, and they are so great. Not as great for a trash can liner though.

• Like 1