What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

13 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

When someone says they're having BBQ, I assume they're having ribs. Am I wrong or are they wrong?

Depends.

Unless I know the dude is specifically into proper bbq (pulled pork, ribs, sausage, brisket, etc) I assume it’s burgers, hot dogs and bbq chicken on a grill.

• Like 1

So, went to my old office yesterday - but this time I was a client vs an employee (after I got laid off, one of my old clients picked me up to manage the relationship between my old company and my current company). 

It's amazing how friendly people are when you're the decision maker vs the front line grunt. I'm fairly certain they dogged me when I left (my old company was petty and trifling like that) but for that two hours I was on-site, I was the Belle of the ball.

#FeelsGoodMan

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

So, went to my old office yesterday - but this time I was a client vs an employee (after I got laid off, one of my old clients picked me up to manage the relationship between my old company and my current company). 

It's amazing how friendly people are when you're the decision maker vs the front line grunt. I'm fairly certain they dogged me when I left (my old company was petty and trifling like that) but for that two hours I was on-site, I was the Belle of the ball.

#FeelsGoodMan

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I was/am actually rocking the Michael Scott/Ryan Howard goatee. Two days ago, was looking like a homeless, balding Uncle Phil.

Semi-related side note: I just started watching The Office a few weeks ago. I'm pretty disappointed I didn't watch this show earlier.

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I was/am actually rocking the Michael Scott/Ryan Howard goatee. Two days ago, was looking like a homeless, balding Uncle Phil.

Semi-related side note: I just started watching The Office a few weeks ago. I'm pretty disappointed I didn't watch this show earlier.

The Office is amazing. "I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious" is legit one of the funnier jokes ever. 

Being a client for a place you used to work for is, I'm imagining, about the greatest thing ever. You know everything about the place inside and out, and they just have to take what you dish out. It's like playing poker when you can see everyone's cards.

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Being a client for a place you used to work for is, I'm imagining, about the greatest thing ever. You know everything about the place inside and out, and they just have to take what you dish out. It's like playing poker when you can see everyone's cards.

It has its advantages, yes. There are tactical things that I know that I can translate downstream on my side to get things done quickly - makes me look like a hero to both sides, and I'm basically posting here 80% of the time. It's also cool because a lot of the people I interact with were people I trained - so we speak the same language in regards to problem resolution, so no bickering back and forth on trivial issues.

Only downside is that I'm expected to correct things that were fundamentally flawed from the get-go, and there are people on the old employer side who plant these breaks as land mines to try to trip me up (again, they're petty). It's much more of a office political battle in that respect, and I'm no politician...my old boss was actually my primary contact early on (and she was the devil) so that was a crash course on how to play in that game.

Still, it's pretty great. Getting laid off was the best thing to happen to my career, given how the path has developed.

16 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The Office is amazing. "I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious" is legit one of the funnier jokes ever

I honestly wonder how they do this with a straight face. The simulated fire by Dwight? I was in tears I was laughing so hard...

4 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I honestly wonder how they do this with a straight face. The simulated fire by Dwight? I was in tears I was laughing so hard...

The one where he gives a Mussolini speech at an awards ceremony will always be my favorite. "BLOOD ALONE MOVES THE WHEELS OF HISTORY"

*thunderous applause*

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

The one where he gives a Mussolini speech at an awards ceremony will always be my favorite. "BLOOD ALONE MOVES THE WHEELS OF HISTORY"

*thunderous applause*

I actually just watched that episode last night haha, it's one of the best. The Office is the only show that I can watch without ever getting bored of it. I've gone through it probably 5-6 times and still crack up at every episode and always find something new I didn't catch before.

35 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

*thunderous applause*

He's a buffoon for the most part - but when Michael Scott sells his company, he's a friggin boss.