What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 minute ago, steadypimpin said:

I keep it simple, post a pic here and there of my family or kids for my family that isnt close by to see. I dont even like to go on FB anymore.

I go on fairly often, but again, that's because I've curated what I see. I mainly use it to schedule events at this point and there's a board game group I'm a part of that I check on. But being in contact with a few people and scheduling events is what I use it for, posting is annoying, and the bombardment of quizzes or clickbait stuff is astounding.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I just won an all expenses paid golf foursome at one of the golf course here in Houston!

Now I need to learn how to golf!

Look up Charles Barkley golfing. Pretty sure you can mimick his swing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steadypimpin said:

I also want to add that Twitter is one of the stupidest things ever invented. It personifies what society is today, a world of self absorbed idiots who think we all want to read their thoughts on social media. 

I often wonder now have we gone too far. Will we ever return to some semblance of normality or is this it and our children are destined to grow up in this age of social media radicalism and hatred.

31 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I just won an all expenses paid golf foursome at one of the golf course here in Houston!

Now I need to learn how to golf!

If you can drink light beers all day and know how to drive a golf cart, that’s about 90% of ametuer golfing 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steadypimpin said:

I also want to add that Twitter is one of the stupidest things ever invented. It personifies what society is today, a world of self absorbed idiots who think we all want to read their thoughts on social media. 

In all seriousness, what’s the difference between that and making 13.5k posts on a football forum?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

there's this dude in my class drinking milk. what kinda ****in sociopath brings milk to public settings lmao

Here's a very fair and balanced article on this:

http://theconversation.com/how-the-alt-right-uses-milk-to-promote-white-supremacy-94854

14 hours ago, iPwn said:

amazing

Eh, I mean Ambien lists side effects that include vague things like "confusion" "anxiety" and "aggression".. Ambien users have been known to sleepwalk and engage in "sleep-sex" without realizing it.. I don't like pharamaceuticals trying to claim some kind of moral high ground here, like there's no way their drug can have crappy consequences on users' psyche.

13 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Corporate twitter shade is one of the best things about the internet.

bah humbug

13 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's also a zero-sum game with only so many platforms out there, so it takes away a change for someone qualified, or even on this planet instead of a delusional conspiracy theorist.

I don't think that's quite as true anymore, with the advent of the internet and alternative types of media.

11 hours ago, iPwn said:

She's been progressing throughout the years far more radical and racist in her behavior though. This (from 2010) is who she's been for the last decade, and it's not the same Roseanne who we saw in the 90's.

This is true.

2 hours ago, steadypimpin said:

But not everyone uses twitter that way. I don't have twitter "friends" or tweet out my journal or stream of consciousness. It's essentially a news platform for me.. best way to get football news tbh and to have quick chats with like-minded fans.

26 minutes ago, iPwn said:

In all seriousness, what’s the difference between that and making 13.5k posts on a football forum?

Forums are a better place for more in-depth, long-form conversations. Twitter has it's place as well, if you're not using it to try to garner undeserved attention.

Edited by cddolphin

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

This place isn't in the same stratosphere as Twitter, unless you receive death threats regularly?

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

Makes you appreciate having mods even more.

That's one of the issues with Twitter, you could never realistically moderate it.

There are thousands of accounts pro-ISIS and other militant groups, millions of trolls and other figures of hate. All that happens in terms of Twitter "moderation" is they occasionally, and usually very clumsily, ban somebody, and usually not even the worst contributors.

2 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

That's one of the issues with Twitter, you could never realistically moderate it.

There are thousands of accounts pro-ISIS and other militant groups, millions of trolls and other figures of hate. All that happens in terms of Twitter "moderation" is they occasionally, and usually very clumsily, ban somebody, and usually not even the worst contributors.

Definitely. Twitter is a disgusting mess.